Chapter 6: Miss Me

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just," I bite my lip debating on whether or to tell him the truth or not. "My mom and I are going to the hospital."

"Is she ok?"

"Yes, she's fine. We're going to visit twin sister Melody."

"Oh yeah, I remember hearing about her. I thought she went to a boarding school or something."

 "No, people just like to spread rumors. Especially when they have no idea what they're talking about," I roll my eyes, "Melody has been in and out of the hospital for awhile, this has been her longest stay so far. Her kidneys are failing and she needs a transplant."

"Oh, wow, I'm sorry to hear that."

"Thank you. Hopefully they find a donor soon. I wish I could donate, but unfortunately, we do not have the same blood type."

"But aren't you twins?"

"Yes we are, but we're fraternal twins. Fraternal twins have the chance of having different blood types. "

"Wow, that sucks," Axel says just as the bell rings.

"I can come by tomorrow to make up for today," I take off into the school.

School goes by uneventful and soon it is over. I walk to my locker and wait for Nzuri to meet me.

"Hey boo, you ready," she walks up to me.

"Yeah," I say.

We walk out of the school and to Nzuri's car. I get in the passenger seat and we take the short trip to my house. We exit the car and Nzuri opens the door with her spare key.

"Hey ma, your favorite child is here," Nzuri says as soon as she enters the house.

"Make me beat your ass," I mean mug her.

"Don't touch my baby Harmony," my mom walks out of her room.

"Really ma?" I look at her, bewildered.

"She's just a hater mama," Nzuri gives my mama a hug.

"Sure, just act like I'm not the one you popped  out your coochie."

"Watch your mouth," my mama says.

I laugh at my mom and Nzuri actions and go to the kitchen to get me a snack to eat. I grab an apple and a bottle of water. I make my way back into the living room as my mom walks towards her room.

"Mama said that she's going to go get her laptop and projector and then we will leave," Nzuri says.

"First off hoe, that ain't your damn mama," i say causing her to flip me off, "Second, ok."

"That is my mama, you hater."

"Let me just call Ms. Analisse and ask her."

"You a dirty bitch."

Next thing I saw was Nzuri's head flinging towards me. I look behind her and see that my mama is behind her with a pillow in her hand.

"Watch your mouth in my house. You ain't to old to get your ass whooped," she drops the pillow, "now come on."

We walk out of the house and get into my mama's car. I get into the passenger seat and hook up to the car's bluetooth. On the way to the hospital, we take a quick pit-stop to the hair store. I purchase the necessary hair and we get back into the car, making it to our destination not too long after. We exit out of the car make our way into the hospital.

"Hey Janice," my mom says to some lady at the desk.

"Oh hey, Joyce. How are you?"

"I'm great. We're just here to visit Melody."

"Ok, go ahead and check-in."

We check-in and then go in the direction of my sisters room. We get onto the elevator and ride to the third floor. We soon arrive outside my sisters room. My mom knocks on the door.

"Come in," I hear my sister's voice.

"Hey baby," my mom opens the door.

"Mama!" my sister opens her arms, and my mom gives her a hug

"Hey sis," I say gaining her attention.

"Harmony," she awaits a hug from me.

"Hey, Mellie," Nzuri says.

"Zu-zu," my sister smiles, "What are y'all doing here?"

"We wanted to surprise you and have a movie night, just us girls," my mom says.

"Aww, thank you guys. this means alot," Melody smiles at us.

We all get settled and begin our movie night.