The Holidays

It was a holiday. It was a holiday and none of the boys felt like celebrating. What was the point when it felt like nothing mattered anyway?

The sun was shining. It was hot and sticky as they finally left the house. Well, more like forced to leave the house.

Calum's mom had finally intervened. As well as the rest of their families. They felt like they were just getting worse. Which is why they had come over early that day.

It wasn't actually a holiday. They called it that because each of them had taken off work to see them. And once they put their feet down, there was no use arguing. Arguing was pointless and they knew it. So, we sucked it up. And they were staying for the weekend.

Calum's mom had cried when she saw the marks on her son's body. Calum's face heated up. Along with the tears that burned as they fell to the floor. His sister, Mali, had come too. And they held each other as they cried. This was going to be good for Cal. Right?

Ashton's mother traveled too, arriving with Joy--- Calum's mom--- and the rest of the family. Ashton's sister, Lauren, and his brother, Harry, had engulfed him in hugs when they saw him. You could practically see the joy in his eyes as he saw how they had grown. And he was actually happy again. Right?

Michael's parents hadn't come. They didn't care. Which was sad. He had called them and told them the news. He was crying. And they told him that it was just how things were. They said that there was nothing they could do about it. They said that there was no use crying or getting upset about it. But, they were wrong. Michael was going to be okay. Right?

They were somewhat glad that their parents had come to visit. But, they wanted to be alone. But, they couldn't say no. Which was just as well. They knew that even if they had, they would have come anyways.

As they greeted the boys, their mothers were smiling and laughing. The kids ran around playing with Mali. Her deep chocolate brown eyes lit up with joy but, you knew that she was in as much pain as the rest of them. She had been best friends with Andy. She loved her like a sister. And the news of her suicide was a like a bomb that had blown up in her face.

Even though they all had each other, it was a difficult time to go through. They all huddled into the large house, the kids already getting into trouble. They got settled in and that was when they started the intervention.

"Ashton. Babe, look at you! Why would you start this up again?" His mother cried.

"Cal. Not my sweet boy. Not you too." Joy's face was streaked with tears as she caught sight of her son's arms.

"Michael! You're as thin as a twig!" They exclaimed as they brought him in for a hug.

That night, the boys were well taken care of. They had a proper meal. The first in forever. And they couldn't help but smile. Most of their loved ones were there. And they hadn't forced them or burdened them to come. They came of their own accord. Besides, they needed their families right now.

They were well fed. They helped put the younger children to bed. Harry whined saying that he wanted to stay up and play more. But, Ashton's mother put her foot down.

Once the kids were put to bed, was when they could finally deal with the hard things. But, the boys didn't want to talk about it. They knew that they were in trouble. They knew that they weren't taking care of themselves. But, they really didn't need to be scolded. With everything that was going on, their mothers were lucky to have them alive at all. That was a fact that they all knew. It was a fact that scared them.

They talked about their health. They had made a grocery list and planned to head to the shop as soon as possible the next morning. After that they planned on cleaning up the house, seeing as the boys weren't doing a very good job. And then they were going to clear out the attic.