The Desolation

The fans were in tears. Tweets went out to Luke and his family, saying how sorry they were for their loss. Letters were sent to each of the boys letting them know of their pain and how much Luke would be missed. About how they would never forget them. About how they could relate to what each of them was feeling.

It confused the boys. After all the pain they had caused them, they were actually being supportive? Now? Why now?

It didn't make sense. At all. Their parents wanted them back home but, they couldn't leave. Not now. Sure, they needed their parents. Sure, they needed the comfort. But, they didn't need the scolding. They didn't need the worry.

Ashton's mom had called him at least a million times within the last month alone. Calum's dad had blown up his phone. And Michael's parents hadn't even acknowledged Luke's passing. They hadn't called. They hadn't stopped by. It was like they didn't care. And their son was only getting worse as the days ticked by. It was sick.

They were better off alone. They were better off. They needed time just for themselves. Couldn't anybody see that? Why couldn't anybody understand that they needed time. They needed it like they needed air to breathe. But, that didn't matter because the air they had was polluted.

Things had gotten worse. They didn't get better. They would never get better. They had lost everything. They had lost everyone. The fans. Luke. Andy. Their families. And all because of Calum. No. It wasn't Calum's fault. It was never his fault. It was just an accident. It could have happened to anybody. Right? So, why did it have to be Luke? Why did it have to be Andy?

The boys didn't do anything. Time passed. Time would always pass. Why was it that when you just wanted everything to stop, it kept going? How could the world keep going when one of the best things in it had stopped living?

Calum didn't care anymore. It was getting harder and harder for him to get up anymore. He found no point in living. He was tired. He was worn out.

Michael didn't care. He ignored the hunger that consumed him. What was the point in eating and taking care of himself, when his best mate was gone?

Ashton didn't care in the slightest. The voices in his head were consuming him, pulling him under the waves. There were more wounds, cut deeper, and etched into his skin. Why couldn't it just stop?

Live wasn't worth living. Life was hard and full of pain. They couldn't make anybody happy. They couldn't make themselves happy. The two people who meant the world to them were gone. And there was nothing they could do about it.

They knew what Luke would say.

"Ash, stop. I don't like you hurting yourself. You have so much to live for. You have so much that you can still accomplish. Please. You can't leave me. Without you I'm nothing."

Little did he know that without him, Ash was nothing too.

"Cal. Not you too. Come on. Pick your head up. Smile. Please, for me. Your my best friend. You have touched so many lives. You can't give up. Please, don't give up."

Little did he know that he had given up the minuet he heard about the accident.

"Mikey. Don't do this. Eat. Your starving yourself. And for what? There's no point. Your worth so much more than that. You need to take better care of yourself. I'll help you through this."

Little did he know that he was the reason for Michael's pain.

He was the reason for all of their pain. But, it was too late for Luke to do anything for them. It was too late because, he was gone. He was gone. And nobody could figure out why it had to be him.