Before

The air was bleak and cold. Funny. It's cold in Australia. The place itself is practically the desert. But, of course it's cold. It's cold because they left. Both of them.

It has been almost a year since Andy took her life. And almost two years since Luke lost his. And we aren't doing very well. None of us are.

We lost two of our favorite people. One to an accident and the other to heartbreak. I have to admit, I wish we were with them. I know, it's something you shouldn't joke about but, I'm serious. Do you honestly expect any of us to be alright? After everything that has happened?

After the funeral for Andy, we went back home. Well, home being Luke's place. I remember us sitting on the couch. Nobody said anything. Ash had tears streaming down his face. Mikey was curled into a ball silently shaking. And me? I sat there motionless.

I couldn't believe that it happened. It had actually happened. It came to a shock for all of us. We had lost them both. We had lost them and now there was nothing for us to do anymore.

We couldn't write any music. We tried. We honestly tried. But, the words just got tangled up in our throats. They didn't mean anything to us now that we were incomplete. They tasted funny. Our hands shook when we tried to play. And neither of us could bare to sing his parts.

We were alone.

We were all alone.

She was gone.

He was gone.

And we weren't okay.

We weren't even the slightest bit okay.

Not at all.

I'm Calum.

And a box full of letters, changed our lives forever.