XLII

this book is ending soon 😀

or idk maybe i should make a book 2 just to show how much things have changed between the both of you but it would be very short

more pain ❤️

——————

SLOWLY LETTING GO OFF MIYA, you sighed and looked down on both of your shoes. Your eyes are red from the breakdown you had right in front of your bestfriend.

"I only did this because not only will our friendship break, but your friendship with Mai would be broken too," Miya whispered. Which you heard because of the small proximity between the two of you.

"Mai? What does she have to do with this?" You frustratingly said to Miya, now looking at his green glass-like eyes with furrowed brows. Miya returned the gesture, also showing you a confused expression.

"Didn't you know?"

There was a slight pause before he continued: "Mai's feelings for me?"

The gears in your head suddenly stopped working. Mai? Your close friend? Memories of when you ranted to her about Miya came overflowing back to your head. How she slickly tried to convince you to give up on Miya, just for her to get a chance to snatch him? Was that all it was about?

"And what do you feel about her?"

"Nothing special," he replied.

"Then who gives a damn about her!" you screamed on the top of your lungs. With your voice cracking and head hung so low, letting the tears go flowing back down to the dry rock you're stepping on.

"It's you and me, Miya! Who gives a damn about other people who you don't even have anything special for!"

"Since when did you care about what others' thoughts?" You cried, pounding your closed fist on Miya's helpless chest.

"Why does she have to go in between us, Miya? It's you and me! It always has been," you tried so hard to convince him.

"Miya, she doesn't matter, Miya! Look at me and listen, you told me you like me, right? And I like you too, Miya! So much!"

"So please, stay with me. We can fix this. I'll be more mature!"

"Y/n." Miya finally spoke, his eyes dark and hurt.

"Stop manipulating me," his voice stern and scary.

Your tears and heavy breathing came to a halt. Swallowing the lump on your throat after getting caught in your fraudulent act. You finally looked up at the skater in front of you. Your e/c eyes suddenly void of any soft emotions. It frightened Miya how your eyes could hold so much strong hatred emotions all at the same time. It terrified him up until now; how you managed to almost have him right back on the palm of your hand with your tears and incredibly deceptive loving words.

"You're so selfish, L/n."

"And you think you're not, Chinen?"

You were a match made to fall apart. And the both of you wished for all the angels in heaven above to hear your plea. The both of you hoped that you knew—how the both of you weren't prepared for something much different other than a friendship.

The silence was matched with the setting sun right beside you and Miya. You bumped Miya's shoulder as you passed by him towards the land you and Miya walked to going home.

"See you tomorrow, Chinen," You whispered before adequately retreating back to your home that was in the same neighborhood as Miya's.

"Yeah. See you, L/n."

Sometimes we seek closure from people who keep answers in the quietest places we used to wander. This lake below the high bridge that held such innocent memories was now disturbed with this heartbreaking confrontation. If only the both of you would just listen, only then will you hear that silence speaks volumes more fluently than all words combined.

"You're the one who was asking me to stay, and now you're leaving?" Miya said as he stared at the path your long gone figure took.

"Ah, whatever. Like always, they all disappear in the end," Miya rubbed the nape of his neck. Slowly falling down with his feet supporting his worn-out figure. He cried his eyes out, the rains of tears he had tried so hard to keep in front of you. Regret overflowing in his delicate teenage mind.

You have always been the one who gets away. Not because you were always running away, no. But because Miya never even tried to stop you.

——————

the tag #angstwithahappyending was a lie