XXXV

As usual, Miya Chinen leaned against a wall, watching the crucial matches unfold before his eyes. His green catboy hoodie covered part of his face, making it harder for Reki and Langa to notice him.

"Where is he?" Reki turned to Langa.

"Maybe he's with y/n?"

"Have you forgotten that they're not exactly in speaking terms right now?" Reki sweatdropped at the supposedly updated therapist.

"What a therapist you are," Reki scoffed before skating to the wall, unintentionally nearing Miya.

"REKI!" Langa quickly caught up with his bestfriend.

"You know we should find those two a love counselor or shit," Reki commented.

"Yo, I second that," Langa also nodded.

"No, they won't be needing that," A relatively mature voice joined their conversation.

The two highschoolers glanced at the person who just arrived. Taking note of the familiar pink-haired skater, Reki screamed: "AH CHERRY!"

"Keep it down, won't you?" Cherry replied.

"Where's Joe?" Langa curiously asked the adult.

"Why would I know? Maybe that ape died cause of the heat."

"That's rather offending," Joe skated towards them, a lot of fangirls screaming behind him.

"Ah, would you look at that? The gang is all here,"  Shadow said, also leaned against the wall.

"Oh, wait. Where's Miya?"

"Why are you concerned? You slime," Miya muttered, walking towards the said group.

"LOOK, IT'S MY OTHER PATIENT," Langa cried out before giving Miya a high five.

"Shut up," Miya said after receiving Langa's high five.

"So? What's the status between you and y/n?" Reki brought up.

"Who?" Joe asked, not keeping up.

"The one Miya brought with him in Okinawa," Langa replied.

"We're happy," Miya gave them a close-eyed smile.

"Is this little shit for real," Shadow said while pointing at the 13-year-old catboy.

"Shadow, hurry, give me his phone," Reki said, moving backward with his hands waving.

Shadow quickly grabbed the young skater's phone from his pocket. Miya then immediately clung to Shadow, trying to give him a few scratches, here and there.

While on the other side of the group Reki and Langa tried to change the targetted ads on Miya's phone.

"Therapy, Therapy, Therapy, Therapy, Therapy"

"Mental Health, Mental Health, Mental Health, Mental Health, WHAT ELSE REKI??"

"SHUT UP. GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE."

"Hold on, hold on, so you're telling me that Miya brought this girl to Okinawa. They call almost every day. They go home together. They always have updates on what's happening with each other. They have a callsign. And what exactly are they???" Joe asked, massaging the bridge of his nose cause of the disordered information he just absorbed.

"Bestfriends??" Miya immediately replied with red tints just below his eyes.

"You sure you don't want to level that up?" Cherry finally spoke.

"Superfriends????" Miya hesitatingly asked.

"Oh my God! He's hopeless."

"But then again, the bestfriend and lover type of love is tough," Langa stated with his hand below his chin.

"Yeah, cause if they leave, you'll lose both a lover and a bestfriend," Reki agreed with his bestfriend.

"-1000/10 would never recommend the falling in love with your bestfriend phase."

Miya just stared at the red and blue-haired skaters in front of him. He was dumbfounded because he thought the both of them were in that phase right now. But then again, maybe they both like each other. They're both merely idiots.

Although that didn't cure Miya's pessimistic thought, it indeed makes him wonder. What will happen if Reki and Langa experience the quarrel between you and him too? Will they fall apart?

————
are u guys perhaps interested in a luck voltia (black clover) enemies to lovers book,,, i wanna continue writing it but i'm scared that no one would read it 😀

also ty for 5k reads i didn't expect this to have this much reads tbh. thank youuu <3