Chapter 14

Wanda's POV

"We need to get back to base and figure out what the hell just happened." Natasha said as everybody turned to look at us.

"Is she okay?" Rhodey asked as he pointed at me.

"I don't know, but she needs medical attention, so we need to get the Quinjet and get back to the facility as soon as possible." Natasha responded as Steve nodded.

"Sounds like a plan." Steve said as he walked over to Natasha, trying to help her up as she held me against her.

"It burns." I whimpered as Natasha looked at me with sad eyes.

"I know baby. I know." She whispered as she kissed my forehead.

Steve pulled Natasha up, her arms moving to grab me and move me to her front as my legs wrapped around her waist and my arms slung around her neck. Her hands gripped my thighs with ease as I leaned forward into her and closed my eyes, my face buried in her neck. The sound of a Quinjet approaching alerted us as Natasha quicky flipped us around while still holding me, my arms tightening around her neck, my legs constricting her waist.

"Hey guys." Valkyrie greeted as she stepped out of the Quinjet and ran over to us.

"Valkyrie." Natasha sighed out, looking at her with relief.

"Does she need help?" Valkyrie questioned as Natasha nodded and started walking towards the Quinjet. "Let's go then. We can probably get back to base in 30 minutes, 20 if we leave now and I speed the entire way."

"Well then we can leave right now." Rhodey replied as everybody followed Valkyrie and Natasha onto the Quinjet.

Natasha walked up the stairs, almost tripping multiple times as she couldn't see the stairs. She found a seat and sat down, our fronts still pressed together as she linked her arms behind my back right below my waist.

"You're gonna be okay." Natasha mumbled in my ear as the Quinjet took off, Valkyrie quickly picking up speed like she promised.

Every time I tried to move around, a shooting pain would run up my spine and move to my right arm making me whine in pain and dig my nails into Natasha's back.

"My arm hurts." I muttered in her ear, Natasha carefully grabbing my arm in response.

"Can I look?"

I barely nodded as she moved the sleeve of my maroon jacket up, my wrist red and inflamed. I flinched as she touched it, a burning sensation ripping through my arm. Whimpering loudly, I rested my forehead against Natasha's, my eyes closing as I took short breaths.

"We're almost there, Wanda. Hold on a little longer." She murmured as she looked at me with nervous eyes.

The Quinjet swiftly landed as Natasha started to stand up, Valkyrie quickly jumping up from her seat at the front of the Quinjet so that she could steady Natasha. Valkyrie grabbed Natasha's arm, steadying her body as she stood there for a minute, looking at me as I closed my eyes and buried my head in her neck. Steve quickly moved as Natasha pushed past the people that were in the Quinjet and rushed down the stairs towards the front of the base. She sprinted through the doors, bursting into the conference room where Gamora and Carol stood, their heads snapping around to look at us as Natasha took a deep breath before she started speaking.

"She needs medical attention. I think her wrist is broken and she's been acting like her back hurts a lot. Thanos hit her away from him and she hit a tree, but it sounded really bad when she hit it. I don't know. Just somebody please look at her." Natasha rushed out, Carol's eyes widening in shock as she saw the rest of the remaining Avengers come up behind us.

"What the hell happened to you guys?" Carol questioned, Gamora rushing over to us as she pulled Natasha towards a door right beside the conference room.

"Thanos." Natasha shouted back, her voice carrying through the room leaving a horror stricken Gamora behind.

"I'm going to x-ray your back really quick and then I can look at your wrist." Gamora softly said, her tone calming as she walked over to me and spoke.

I just nodded into Natasha's neck as she sat me down and Gamora ran some kind of hologram over my back showing what looked like my spine. She frowned as she looked at it for a moment but shrugged it off making me confused.

"Well, good news. Nothing is wrong with your back, you just hit the tree very hard, and you have some bruising, but it'll go down in maybe around a week. Can I see your wrist?"

I hesitantly nodded, my hand moving out so that she could touch my wrist. I flinched and yelped as she lightly ran her fingers over the red and inflamed skin.

"I think you just sprained it. I don't think it's broken. Your wrist would be way more swollen if it were broken and there would be bruising."

"So, she's okay?" Natasha rushed out as she looked at Gamora hopefully.

"Yeah. She's fine. I would just be really careful and try not to hit it on a lot of things. Her back's going to hurt quite a lot though. The bruising will go down in about a week but until then be cautious."

"That's great. Well not the whole her body hurting thing but at least nothing's broken. Thank you Gamora."

"You're welcome Nat. I'm going to talk to the rest of the team and you guys can join us when you're ready."

Gamora walked out of the room leaving me sitting down and Natasha standing in between my legs. My forehead rested on her shoulder as she hugged me tightly to her front, my legs dangling off the counter that I was sitting on.

"How do you feel Wands?" Natasha mumbled as she slowly massaged my back, my face contorting to a slightly pained expression.

"I'm good enough to go to the room and talk to everybody."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I replied as I moved to get off the counter.

I winced as my feet hit the ground and pain shot through my body. It was dull, but still there as I grabbed Natasha and took a deep breath.

"I'm okay. I can walk by myself." I said with reassurance as I took a few steps and the pain faded away.

"Let's go then." Natasha said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me from the room, leading me to the rest of the team.

"Wanda-" Carol sighed out as she sprinted up to me and wrapped my body in her arms. "I thought you were dead."

"Carol- my back-" I choked out as suffocated me in the hug.

"Oh. Sorry. I just really missed you."

Carol released me as I let out a breath and smiled.

"It's fine. I missed you too."

"So, now that greetings are over with, what do we do?" Rhodey asked as we gathered in a small group in the middle of room, our eyes taking in the absence of half of our team.

"I think we start with figuring out what happened to everybody and we find a way to get them back." I spoke up as everybody looked at me.

"Even if part of our team isn't here, we do it together." Steve said as he looked around the room, his eyes looking at all of us as we nodded.

"Together." Gamora said as she put her hand out, Carol and Valkyrie doing the same.

"Whatever it takes." Natasha responded as she looked at me with a small grin and put her hand in the circle along with mine.

"Let's save the world and kick some ass." I laughed out as we all put our hands in and threw them up in the air.

We weren't prepared for what lie ahead but we had to each other and that was all we needed.

Check out the sequel Blinded By The Fog if you want to see how Wanda and Natasha continue their journey!