Chapter 5

Wanda's POV

"It burns." I whined into Natasha's neck, tears slipping down her face as she looked at the state I was in.

We were just outside the wing as Natasha was racing through the facility, Gamora directly behind her making sure that I was still awake.

"I know baby. I know. We're almost there." Natasha quietly whispered, her hand reaching up to push my head into her neck.

I inhaled a sharp breath as the pain intensified in my leg, the fiery feeling shooting through the rest of my body instead of just my thigh. Natasha tripped through the door to the wing, Gamora catching her by the shoulders, pulling her back up so that she could go inside. Natasha scrambled inside the wing, most of the group waiting there for us. She laid me down on a soft surface, my mouth opening in a silent scream as the surface made contact with my leg.

"JARVIS, check vitals." Tony commanded as JARVIS quickly scanned me over and showed information to Tony who nodded to himself. "She's okay, but her leg needs to be looked at. Clint, can you get me some gauze and cleaning solution?"

Clint nodded and walked out of the room, returning with the things Tony had asked for. My eyes widened with terror making Natasha crawl into the bed and get behind me so that I was resting on her. I gripped her arm tightly, my nails digging into her arm as Bruce's hand barely skimmed the skin around the wound.

"This is going to be a nightmare." Gamora muttered just loud enough for people to hear, her head shaking slowly as she realized just how bad the wound was and how deep it went.

"You're right. This is going to be a nightmare." I repeated back, my voice hoarse from crying and screaming.

"Let's just get it done. It's going to hurt a lot. I won't sugar coat it and tell you that it's going to be painless. Grab Natasha if you need to. She doesn't care. I know her. She wants you to be okay." Bruce said with a small smile as I nodded.

I yelped and squirmed in pain as he grabbed cotton pads, laying them on top of the wound so that blood was soaking them through. Without giving me any time to react and stop him, Bruce moved one of the pads and squirted cleaning alcohol into the cut, making my eyes glow red and my hands shoot out on either side of me, red balls of light hitting the walls as I screamed and tried to pry Natasha's hands off me. She just gripped me tighter as I hit her hard enough to leave a bruise, but not hard enough to do any severe damage. I groaned in pain as Bruce cleaned the outside of the wound, removing any dried blood. I let my muscles relax as my full body weight was put on Natasha, my hands dropping down to lay beside me, my breaths coming out as small pants. She grabbed my hand, squeezing it reassuringly as she kissed my flushed and sweaty forehead.

"We're almost done. I just need to stitch it up and you can go to sleep." Bruce said, looking at me with concerned eyes.

I winced in pain as he started stitching up my leg, my thigh beginning to burn. He got to the last stitch, pulling it closed as I grabbed Natasha's arm tightly, my nails surely putting her pain.

"We'll leave you guys here for the night and see what it looks like in the morning. Night."

He shot us a small smile, the few people that were in the room leaving except for Hope and Gamora.

"Carol and Valkyrie went to bed." Gamora paused for a minute. "I think. I'm pretty sure they like each other but who knows. Wanda, please try to go to sleep. You need sleep. The past two days have been torture for you and Natasha."

"I'll try, but I'm not making any promises." I said quietly, a smile dancing across her lips.

"I got some clothes from your room. I grabbed shorts specifically because I think that it'll be more comfortable. I think pants would rub the cut, but I can grab some pants if you want me to." Hope exclaimed, her eyes looking at me as if waiting for something.

"No, it's fine. Shorts are fine. I was actually going to ask somebody if they could grab some. Thank you. Just set them on a chair. I'll change once you guys leave." I softly said, a small grin appearing on my face.

Gamora and Hope took that as their cue to leave, or really it was Gamora understanding the cue and dragging Hope from the room, little giggles and frustrated sighs following them as they left the wing. I barely raised my hand, my fingers moving as I used magic to close the door to the room me and Natasha were in. Even that drained me as I felt weak, my body resting on Natasha's.

"You should've let me close it." She murmured, holding my hands as I shut my eyes, the lack of sleep starting to catch up with me. "Baby, you have to put on new clothes. I'm not letting you sleep in these. There's dried blood everywhere and it's reminding me of what happened."

"You're helping me then." I uttered, my lips barely moving.

"I never said that I wasn't going to. You have to at least sit on the edge of the bed then."

I nodded, slowly moving off her and scooting the over to the side of the bed, Natasha walking over to my clothes, grabbing a pair of shorts, a random t-shirt, and a hoodie. Her hoodie. She set the clothes beside me, moving the red leather jacket I had on off my shoulders as it dropped to the ground. Natasha slid off my shoes and socks, grabbing the shorts, handing them to me as I got a splitting headache. My face contorted to pained expression, Natasha ignoring it trying to hurry up and get my clothes on so that I could lay down and rest. She quickly slid on my shorts, tears falling down my face as the material brushed the stitches on my leg.

"I'm almost done honey." She replied as she pulled the black dress I had on over my head, her eyes skimming over my body making me blush through the pain.

Natasha smiled at my reaction, swiftly grabbing the t-shirt and pulling it over my head. She looked at the hoodie, as if she were contemplating what to do it. I guess she opted out of it, because she picked it up, walking away to put it on the chair, but I stopped her.

"I want it. Can I wear it?"

I blushed harshly as she turned around, her mouth opening almost in shock, but happiness radiating off her at the same time.

"Yeah. I guess Hope knew that you would want it."

Natasha walked back over to me, sliding the hoodie on over my head, the material comfy as she turned the light off and speed walked back over to me as I crawled back to my original position.

"Someone's eager." I giggled, her cheeks going slightly red as she shook her head.

"I just want to cuddle with my girlfriend. That's all."

She slid underneath the covers, pulling me over to her so that my back was pressed to her front. I inhaled a deep breath, my nose picking up the smell of vanilla. Without thinking, I turned around so that I was facing Natasha and wrapped my arms around her. I stuck my face in her chest inhaling the sweet fresh smell of vanilla as she lightly kissed my head.

"G'night." I whispered, my eyes drooping closed as she pulled me close to her.

"Night baby."

We both fell asleep, our breathing slowing down as our minds drifted off to dreamworld. As I was taken to the sleep realm, I wasn't prepared for what I would dream of.