Chapter 2

Wanda's POV

"Nat, you gonna make a move?" Star Lord yelled from behind the group of boys as Natasha's eyes widened.

I growled as my eyes glowed red with rage, Natasha looking at me with concern. Without even looking, I threw my hands backwards, red light hitting Peter, sending him flying backwards into Scott.

"Really?" Peter grunted making me smirk with joy as Natasha continued to stare at me.

"I didn't kill you. You're fine." I spit out making Carol speak up.

"Protective much." She joked, my eyes flitting towards her to glare.

"Let the two of them talk. They obviously want to, so let them. Natasha, Wanda, we'll give you guys some time out here to talk. We're all just going to wait outside, but we'll be by the doors." Gamora said grabbing Carol and Valkyrie by the wrists dragging them away as they tried to protest.

Everybody walked off leaving me and Natasha alone to talk. She stood there messing with her hands as I stared at her intently, waiting for her to speak.

"Nat, sit down."

I plopped down in the grass patting a spot beside me. She hesitantly met my eyes, making me think that she was going to walk off, but she didn't. She walked over and sat down so that our knees were touching. As she continued to mess with her nails, I looked up at the sky, stars and the moon now visible against the blackness.

"You know what they want us to talk about, right?" I asked quietly making her nod in response.

"They want us to talk about the fact that I..." Natasha trailed off making me look down at her hands.

"That you what?" I asked her even though I knew what the answer was.

"N-nothing." She mumbled out making my eyes widen.

I seriously thought that she was going to tell me. Maybe she's just scared. I wasn't going to force her to talk about it, so I kept my mouth closed. Suddenly, Carol shot a beam right beside Natasha making her jump and scramble into my lap. As she flipped her head around to look at me, our lips crashed together, making her eyes go wide with shock. I didn't pull away, but she did. She shook her head quickly and stood up swiftly walking away.

"Natasha." I gently said as she ignored me.

I stood up fast, following her back to where the everybody was standing and waiting.

"Nat, it's okay." I started, trying to desperately get her attention.

She pushed past everybody, walking back inside without a word leaving her mouth.

"What happened?" Hope asked quietly looking at me with confused eyes.

"When Carol hit the spot in the grass, Natasha jumped in my lap and turned around to look at me, but instead she kissed me. She pulled away after a couple seconds though. I don't think that she didn't like it, I think that she feared my reaction and got nervous. She didn't say anything."

"She'll come around at some point. I know she will. This is new to both of you, but you're already more comfortable with the situation while she's scared. She knows that you like her, but she's nervous to talk about it for some reason. Natasha won't talk about it until she's ready. Nobody try to force her please, either. She needs to come to terms with it on her own time." Carol looked around at everybody at the last part as she hugged me.

"I'm going to try and talk to her. I'll stop if she gets uncomfortable. I know what to look for. I've known her for long enough to see the signs." I said walking back inside the facility.