Chapter 9

Wanda's POV

"Wanda, you okay?" Natasha asked me as she stepped forward.

"I don't know." I whispered under my breath, Natasha furrowing her eyebrows.

Everything suddenly hit me like a train wreck as reality smacked me in the face. My brother. Dead. My parents. Dead. My only living family. Dead. They were all dead.

"Wanda-"

"I DON'T KNOW! OKAY? I DON'T KNOW! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I shouted, Carol walking up to me as Natasha backed up, fear showing in her eyes.

"Wanda, you need to calm down." Carol gently said as she stood in front of me.

"I'VE LOST EVERYTHING! MY FAMILYS DEAD AND IT'S MY FAULT!" I yelled at Carol, her eyes widening. "I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING LEFT! THE ONLY THING KEEPING ME ROOTED TO LIFE IS MY GIRLFRIEND AND MY FRIENDS! THOSE ARE THE ONLY THINGS! I feel lost in life. I don't feel like I have purpose." I spit out the last part, my voice lowering as Carol shook her head.

"You do have a purpose. Your purpose is to save the world. To be an Avenger. To be a badass bitch. To make your family and friends, laugh and smile. That's your purpose."

I looked at her with glassy eyes, my bottom lip trembling as something caught my eye.

The German doctor. Again.

Without thinking, I threw my hands out, whoever I hit slamming into the wall with a crack. I kept hitting them with red orbs, finally just deciding to hit them with beams. I could hear people shouting at me to stop, my mind still seeing the German doctor as I freaked out. My body was in a frenzy and I couldn't stop it. No one could. Not even Natasha.

"Get Wanda out of here!" I heard someone yell, the voice matching to Tony.

Somebody grabbed waist pulling me backwards as I continued to hit whoever my mind was imagining was the doctor.

"STOP!" I screamed, hitting the person as they dragged me from the room.

"Wanda. You need to calm down. You almost just killed Natasha." Carol said in a scared voice as my mouth slightly opened in shock.

"What?" I whimpered, finally realizing that the person had been my girlfriend.

I almost just killed Natasha.

Somebody put some kind of metal bracelets on my wrists, my powers shutting off immediately.

"What are you doing?" I asked, still struggling in Tony's grip.

"Putting you in containment. You need to be alone for a while. You can't use your powers with those bracelets. It's only temporary. You just need to be safe."

"No." I whined, trying to pry Tony's arms off me as he pushed open a door two rooms down from the conference room.

He pushed me into it, my screams echoing off the walls as tears slipped down my face.

"Wait! Tony! Please don't do this! Carol! Help me! Please!" I screamed as I banged on the door, my fists doing nothing as I had no power while the metal was on my wrists. "Let me out." I whimpered, my hands falling to my sides as turned around and slumped against the door.

I observed the room, realizing that the walls were glass, and you could see the inside of the room from the outside where Carol and Tony seemed to be arguing. I cried out as emotional pain laced everything coming from my mouth. You could probably hear me all the way in the conference room.

"WHY AM I SO FUCKED UP!" I screamed as tears streamed down my face, full sobs racking my body as more people approached to join in on the argument that would surely turn into a fight if somebody didn't intervene.

I pulled my knees to my chest, my head leaning back on the door as I had a full-on mental breakdown. I didn't care that everybody was now watching me from outside the room. I just wanted Natasha. Natasha always made everything better. Oh, but that's right, I almost killed her.

"Natasha." I mumbled to myself, my mind running free as flashbacks of her smiling and laughing filled my mind. "Natasha." I said again to myself, rocking back and forth on the floor as I tried to take myself to my happy place.

With Natasha.

Carol looked at me with a tilted head, her eyes squinting as she walked up to the glass. She said something to Tony, but he shook his head no. She said the same thing again, but he once again shook his head no. Carol rolled her eyes as she looked deep in thought for a moment. After a couple of seconds, an invisible lightbulb went off over her head. She nodded to herself, walking away down the hall as Gamora stayed behind, the only one left as she stood in front of the glass, her eyes trained on my shaking figure. I watched her as she just shook her head, disappointment in her eyes at what I was sure was for Tony. Carol returned with an anxious looking redhead behind her. Natasha's eyes caught mine, her anxious expression turning to an angered one as she saw my state. She turned around to glare at Tony, holding the middle finger up and probably cussing him out in Russian which made Gamora and Carol smirk to themselves. Natasha stomped to the door, motioning with her hand for me to move out of the way. I scooted away so that I was sitting beside the door, my body still trembling as Natasha scanned her fingerprint to get into the room. She slammed the door open, her feet hitting the floor quickly as she sprinted in and dropped to the ground. Her arms wrapped around me, tears still cascading down my face as she held me close. Without a word, she used her fingerprint as a key to unlock the bracelets on my wrists, nasty red lines showing up as the metal fell to the ground with a clang.

Those are definitely going to bruise tomorrow.

"I'm taking you to the room and you're going to sleep. I don't want you around anybody except for Gamora, Hope, Valkyrie, and Carol. It's not safe. You also need sleep. I'll look at your wrists better in the morning. Okay?"

I nodded as it felt like I was mute and couldn't move. Natasha got up noticing this as she put her hand out for me to grab. I intertwined our hands, Natasha pulling me up as she led me away from the group, taking me to her bedroom as we hadn't officially designed one together. She shut the door, tugging me to the bed as I got in and just laid there. I didn't move or anything. I just laid there as if I was waiting for something to happen.

"I'm not going to ask you if you're okay because I know you're not and I don't want you to lie to me about the situation because I know you would. You wouldn't want me to think that you're a monster or some kind of evil witch. I understand that, but you're not. You're not a monster and you're not an evil witch. I love you and that's all that matters." Natasha softly said as she crawled into the bed and laid down beside me, pulling me backwards into her.

Tears slipped from my eyes as she lightly massaged my wrists. The tension from the metal bracelets fading away slowly, but still there.

"I love you too." I whispered as Natasha snuggled into my neck.

"Try to sleep, okay?"

"I'll try. G'night." I lightly said, Natasha holding my hand, our legs locked together as we drifted off.

"Sweet dreams." She mumbled, her breath hitting my neck, almost comforting me that someone was there holding me.

You want to know something crazy? I actually had sweet dreams that night.