Wolf Pack

Y/N sat in 1st period next to Johnny, drumming her fingers against the table absent mindedly. She tried to focus on the board, but she could feel the Socs behind her staring and laughing. Including Christopher. She recognized some of them from yesterday, but a lot of people that were complete strangers seemed to have been looking at her all day. She was guessing the word had spread by now, about Dallas beating one of their friends to hell and back.

      Y/N turned towards Johnny, who was taking notes on a scrap piece of paper. Looking around, she ripping a lined sheet out of her notebook, scribbled a note to him, and passed it quickly. Johnny looked at the scrap and opened it.

      Are you ok?

      He smiled at her slightly before nodding. She sighed, relieved. Johnny was one of her only friends here, and she couldn't stand if he was mad at her. She couldn't blame him though. The more she thought about last night, the more guilt she felt. She could've gotten Dallas in real trouble, and Johnny, Johnny was probably scared half to death. She probably completely embarrassed Soda. What if someone had gotten hurt, or called the cops?

      A loud thump knocked her out of her thoughts, as Johnny's desk jerked forward. He looked behind himself, startled, and saw the group of Socs laughing, prompting him to quickly turn back around, his face a deep shade of red. A second kick came, harder than the first, and a pencil rolled off his desk. The group laughed loudly. Y/Ns vision blurred, and she felt shaky. She shot Christopher a hard look, and he averted her eyes.

      "Class," Ms Sublette warned, "allow me to remind you that you are not here to amuse yourselves. You are here to educate yourselves." She made eye contact with Y/N, before looking back at the students. The ringing of the bell interrupted her, and before Y/N had the chance to say anything to Johnny, he walked quickly out of the classroom. Great. She followed, trying to catch up with him, before losing the boy in the hectic flow of students. Fuming, she walked over to her locker, taking out her math textbook, slamming it it shut, to reveal Christopher, waiting for her. His hair fell into his eyes as he fidgeted with his bag, looking at her apologetically.  Before he had a chance to anything, she turned on her heel and walked away. Y/N bit her tongue hard, trying to compose herself, to stop from hurling everything she felt at him. Christopher didn't get the message, and ran beside her.

      "Y/N, I'm really sorry about yesterday. They're not usually like that, and they were drunk-"

      "You don't have to explain anything to me," she spoke curtly. "Believe me, I know what your friends are like."

      "That's not fair. You don't know what my friends are like, you don't know anything."

      "Were your friends drunk, in class today? Were you drunk yesterday? Why didn't you stop them?"

      "Y/N-"

      "Forget it. I have class." she turned to face him, "don't talk to me anymore, ok?" She walked into the classroom, and looked out the window, fighting the urge to turn around and see his reaction. Two-Bit would be happy.

      Her math class went by quickly, and she tried desperately to distract herself with her homework, to no avail. Y/N was distracted by everything. All day she felt like people were staring and whispering about her. She had no idea where she stood with Johnny. Two-Bit was still giving her the cold shoulder. The whole gang was probably mad at her for yesterday. She felt alone. Did she even bother going to lunch today? It would just be more stares. The bell rang, and she picked up her book bag, slinging it over her shoulder, her feet feeling like lead, as she avoided her locker, fearing she would see Christopher there. Quickly making her way to the cafeteria, trying to blend in with the bustle of students, she slid into her seat next to Ponyboy.