Socs

The gang all stared at Johnny in shock. Cherry finally spoke up, "Thank you, he had me scared to death.

"You didn't show it," Johnny said, rubbing the back of his neck, "nobody talks to Dal like that."

"From what I saw, you do," Cherry smiled at him, causing the boy to blush and avert his eyes.

"Hey, why don't y'all come and sit up front with us, you can protect us," Marcia asked, smiling at the gang.

Ponyboy and Johnny moved over and sat next to the girls, grinning at each other. Y/N motioned to Soda to go move closer to the group, but he just shook his head smiling, and pulled her down to stay by him. She felt her cheeks heat up slightly, thankful for the darkness.

Pony sat directly beside Cherry. He wasn't especially interested in her. She was a looker, but she seemed uppity. He recognized her as a cheerleader from his school, dating a large Soc, Bob. He put his sweater on a seat next to him, saving a spot for the new girl. Y/N and Soda would be joining them at any moment. After a few moments he turned around, and saw Y/N and Soda in the row behind them. Together. Disappointed, he grabbed his sweater, and put it back on. He looked back at the two, and then at Cherry. His mouth got dry and he tried to focus on the movie.

Suddenly, they heard a loud threatening voice behind them, and a hand grabbed both Johnny and Ponyboy, causing them to jump about four feet off their chair. Y/Ns eyes widened and Soda grabbed her hand. Two-Bit burst out laughing behind them. When everyone realized who it was, they relaxed. Although Johnny was still tense and white as a sheet, Two ignored it and playfully ruffled his hair, soon grabbing him a beer, to 'settle his nerves'.

Two looked at the girls, as if noticing them for the first time. "Well now, who do we have here? Your great grandmothers?" He teased, smiling at Marcia who giggled. "What are you ladies doing with these greasers?"

"Dal was bothering them," Johnny said, with a mixture of pride and embarrassment.

"He was huh?" Two bit was still looking fondly at the brunette, "Where is old Dal now anyways."

"Yeah, where is old Dal?" A deep, raspy voice said behind them. Y/N stiffened. She was getting really sick of people sneaking behind them like that. Everyone turned, and the atmosphere became tense. A tall greaser, in his mid 20s, stood by them, frowning. His face was scarred and weathered. He looked old for his age, but his stature, the way he carried himself, gave away his youth.

"He left," Ponyboy answered, looking at the floor, his voice steady.

The older greaser wasn't having it. He spoke again, in a warning tone, "I know he slashed my tires!"

Pony looked up at him, "look Tim, he left," he turned to everyone, "you guys seen Dally?" Everyone including Y/N shook their heads.

Tim stared at everyone. He briefly caught Y/Ns eye, and she looked away. "I'll be looking for him," he finished, before walking down the aisle.

Everyone let out a collective sigh of relief. It was quiet for a second before Two asked, "Dally got a blade?"

"I don't think so," Johnny quipped.

"Good," he began, bringing the bottle to his lips. "Tim will fight him fair."

"You guys don't believe in playing rough do you?" Cherry asked, looking at Ponyboy and Two-Bit.

"A fair fight ain't rough," Two-Bit protested.

"Yeah," Marcia giggled, "real simple. If he gets killed, you just bury him. No sweat."