Queen Barb comes to babysit

"Poppy, are you ready?" Branch asked. "Yes, Branch!" Poppy said. "Do you really have to go?" You asked. "Yes, sweetie. We apologize but this is an important issue. Your mother and I will be back by tonight." Branch said. "Okay." You looked down. "Hey, don't worry. Besides, Queen Barb is going to come and watch over you. You like Queen Barb, right?" He asked. You smiled and nodded. "Okay Branch. I'm ready." Poppy said as she came over. Just then, the famous rock troll came in. "Yo, Popsqueak!" Queen Barb said. "Hey, Barb!" Poppy said. The two hugged each other. "Hey, squirt." Queen Barb smiled at you and you smiled back. "Hi Queen Barb." You said. "So, you ready to go to the important meeting?" Barb asked. They both nodded. "I don't want you guys to go!" You said. "Oh come on! We'll have fun squirt." Queen Barb said as she picked you up and ruffled your hair. "Hey!" You said. "It will only be for a few hours, sweetie. You can stay strong until then, right?" Poppy asked. You pouted. "It's not that big of a deal. We'll be back by nightfall, (Y/n). And until then just have fun with Aunt Barbara." Branch said. "Hey! Who said you get to use my real name?" Queen Barb asked. Branch smirked as he walked away. "Only dad calls me Barbara!" She said. "See you later, (Y/n)." Poppy smiled at you before walking away with Branch. "So, what do you want to do, squirt?" Queen Barb asked. "Nothing, really." You said as you began to walk away. "Aw, come on! I'm not that bad." She said. You gave her a look. "Tell you what, kid. Why don't we sing some songs?" She asked. "Thanks, but I'm not really into rock like you are." You said. "We can switch then. First rock and then pop. Or we could even mix them up if you want." Queen Barb said. "No thanks." You said. Queen Barb sighed. "This one's going to be a handful." She said. "What did you say?" You asked. "Uh, nothing!" She said quickly. You rolled your eyes and began to walk away, but Queen Barb followed. "Well then, how about a game?" She asked. "No thanks." You said. "Is there anything you want to do?" Queen Barb asked. "Not really. I'll just sit here and wait until my parents come back." You said. "That's boring." Queen Barb said.

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm not the exciting pop troll you were expecting, Barbara." You said. "Well, Gee, sorry for not realizing that Poppy and Branch's daughter would have such an attitude problem." Queen Barb said. "I don't have an attitude!" You said. She gave you a look. You glared at her. "Fine, whatever. Just do what you want, short stuff." She said. You walked away and she sighed. This was going to be a long day. Some time later, you were trying to work on school work, but couldn't concentrate due to loud rock music playing in the house. You growled and walked over to Queen Barb, who was singing rock music and playing her guitar. "Would you stop singing that song?!" You asked. But she couldn't hear you. Eventually you had enough. You walked over and unplugged her stereo. "Hey!" She said. "What? I can't focus on what I'm doing if you kept playing that ridiculous music!" You said. "Ridiculous? Well excuse me! Pop music isn't so great either you know!" Queen Barb said. "It's better than rock." You said. "Oh yeah?" Queen Barb asked. "Well then, I challenge you to a sing off!" Queen Barb said. "Wait, what?" You asked, looking at her in surprise. "You heard me. You and me, let's go." Queen Barb said. You smirked at her. "All right then. You asked for it." You said. Queen Barb went first, singing Let It Rock. Then it was your turn. You sung (P/s). "Huh. You're actually not bad, squirt." Queen Barb said. You smiled. "Neither are you, Barbara." You said.

"Ready for another round?" Queen Barb asked. You smirked. "You betcha." You said. Queen Barb then sung "We Will Rock You." After that, you sung (P/s). "Nice going, squirt." Queen Barb said. "Thanks." You said. "So, what else do you want to do?" She asked. "Hmm..." You said, thinking about your next activity. "We can watch a movie." You said. "A movie? Good idea! Which one?" She asked. "What about Shrek?" You asked. "Classic!" Queen Barb said. You and Queen Barb then watched Shrek together. After the movie, the two of you played games, told each other stories, and sung more songs. "You know, today was a lot better than I thought it would be." You said. "You're actually a fun troll to hang out with, Barb." You said. "And you're a fun kid to babysit, squirt." Queen Barb said. Just then Poppy and Branch came back. "We're home!" Poppy said. You smiled and ran over to them, then gave them a big hug. They hugged you back. "Well, how was your day with Queen Barb?" Branch asked. "It was awesome, daddy!" You said. He chuckled and set you down. "Can she be my next babysitter?" You asked. Poppy and Branch looked at each other in slight surprise before smiling. "Sure. As long as she's up for it." Branch said. You looked at Queen Barb. "Of course! Until next time, (Y/n)." She smiled as she left the house. You couldn't wait for the next visit.