He squeezed her thigh comfortingly, pulling her out of her own thoughts.

"You alright?" He asked.

She nodded, "yeah, fine."

"You sure?"

She looked at him, his grey eyes swimming with concern and care, and felt all her anxious thoughts fade away. She smiled and nodded again, before shuffling even closer to him. He got the hint and put his arm around her once more, rubbing her arm comfortingly.

She sighed in relief. Everything would be fine. She had him.

After dinner Sirius walked her back to the Ravenclaw tower. They held hands and talked and laughed, both of them truly happy and at peace. She didn't really notice the look Sarah Davies gave them as she entered the Ravenclaw common room.

They stood outside the door. He put an arm round her waist and pulled her into him, smiling giddily.

"I'll see you in the morning, yeah?" He said.

She nodded, looking up at him through her dark lashes before lifting her chin and hovering her lips over his.

"Sleep well, Sirius," she murmured.

He just bit his lip, a small smile on his face, before closing the gap and kissing her.

"Good night, darling," he said once they pulled away.

"Bonne nuit, mon amour."

Once she had gotten into the Ravenclaw common room she headed straight for her dorm room. Once she had entered there was no way of not noticing the dark look Sarah gave her as she brushed through her long blonde hair on her own bed.

"Hey," Caroline smiled awkwardly, looking at Sarah momentarily before looking at Farrah, "everything okay?"

"I'm exhausted," Farrah said, already in bed, "I swear all these NEWT classes are really taking it out of me."

Caroline laughed softly, "me too...sorry, is everything alright, Sarah?"

Sarah just shook her head, not saying a word. Caroline looked to Farrah for help.

The girl just sighed, "I think you being all cozy with Black has kind of got to her."

"Oh...Sarah, I'm-"

"It's fine, Carrie. I just thought...girl code, you know?" Sarah shrugged, still not looking at her, "but it's okay, you two will probably be over in a week or something."

"Sarah..." Farrah said warningly.

Carrie felt a pang in her heart, her eyes becoming sad. But she said nothing, just went to the wardrobe to get her pyjamas.

Sarah sighed, "sorry, Carrie."

"It's fine," Carrie said, turning round, "I get it, I'd be mad to lose him too. But I won't, he's not leaving me. And you're gonna have to deal with that."

Sarah's jaw went slack for a second, her eyebrows raised, before slowly nodding, "right. Yeah, okay."

Caroline gave her a small smile which she hoped said 'no hard feelings', before going into the bathroom to get changed into her pyjamas.

She looked at herself in the mirror for a moment. Yeah, she didn't need to worry about Sirius leaving her. She knew what she looked like.

When she went back into the dorm room Farrah handed her a small letter, "this came for you, quite a big owl, know who it's from?"

Caroline looked at her name written on the back of the envelope, "it's my brother's handwriting."

She went over to her bed and sat down, her back leaning against the headboard as she opened the letter. It was weird, Luther rarely sent her letters.