Chapter 16

yooo this chapter is cyute ig

~

Gundham insisted on coming over for the day, because he says he has a surprise for Kaz and I. I wonder what that's going to be, huh. I'm sat on the sofa by Kazuichi as we both run through ideas of what this surprise may be.

"Do you think he's been titled as an Ultimate?" I guess, tapping my finger on my chin and leaning back further.

"That seems possible," Kaz shrugs. "Oooh! What if he has a girlfriend?"

The words that come out of his mouth make my heart leap, and I begin to feel butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. That is a possible idea. I mean look at him, he's good looking, his caring and he plays hard to get (a bit), who wouldn't want him? Wait, what am I saying? I don't like him like that. Why should I care if he has a boyfriend? However for some unknown reason I'm suppressing the idea.

"Heh, you ok Koko? Your face just dropped when I said that," Kaz notices. Then all of a sudden, his pupils shrink and his lips contort into a perfect o, making me sigh.

"Oh don't you sta-"

"You like him don't ya!" Kaz chuckles, prodding my arm with alternate fingers.

"No!!" I shriek, going red and folding my arms.

"Hmmmmm, yes ya do," he teases, giving a sly shark smile.

"No I dooooooon't!!" I whine. "Koi-icci, Chichi and Buki gave me this much trouble about it too!"

"Hehehe," he giggles mischeivously.

Just when I'm about to hit Kazuichi, a broad knock vibrates through the house.

"I'm assuming that's Tanaka-kun," I pout. "Let's go."

He nods and we make our way to the door, and I feel my heart pounding more every second. Kaz grabs the front door handle and turns it.

"Well hello there," Gundham greets in his usual baretone voice, however there is a hint of happiness lingering in there. He has a small, attractive smile stretched across his face.

"Hey Tanaka-kun," I smile.

"Please, you may call me Gundham," he grins.

Wait.

Are we really that close?"

I feel my cheeks heat up and I give a glowing smile.

"Alright Gundham," I beam, pressing emphasis upon his name. "Soooo, what's this surprise?"

"Well Yaeko, Kazuichi, I would like you both to meet somebody," he booms.

Suddenly, he steps aside and the blonde girl we saw at the café a week ago emerges from behind him. She gives us both stares before breaking into a smile and waving. My heart thumps through my chest. 

This was the girl I thought was Gundham's girfriend.

Thought? She might be his girlfriend.

Look at her, she's gorgeous. I have nothing on her.

"Greetings to you two! I'm Sonia Nevermind!" she grins.

"Hi there, I'm Yaeko Jinnouchi, the Ultimate Outfit Creator!" I greet politely, desperately wanting to know her relation to Gundham.

"I'm Kazuichi Souda, the Ultimate Mechanic!" kaz gleams, winking and giving a thumbs up.

"Wow! To be in the presence of two Ultimates is certainly a special feeling!" Sonia gushes, clasping her pale hands together, her cobalt blue eyes twinkling like stars.