Chapter 7

yo

~

"Yawn...I'm so bored..." I groan, stretching myself out on the leather sofa like a cat, whimpering a little.

"Oof," Kaz replies bluntly, zipping up his mechanic suit. "I gotta go work now. I'll see ya later, k Koko?"

"Alright Kaz, have fuuun!" I call as he slips his shoes on. Suddenly, his phone bleeps and he stops in the middle of tying his laces, pulling the gadget out of his pocket and checking the notification.

"Who-hoa! Nice!" he exults, cracking a large shark-tooth smile.

"Huh? What is it?" I ask out of curiosity and boredom.

"Buki's finally back from her world tour. We can finally see her again!"

Suddenly, I feel a lightbulb pop up above my head.

"Hey, Kaz? Would'ya mind if I hung out with Buki while you're at work?"

"You don't gotta ask me! Do whatcha want. There should be some money in my wallet in my room, feel free to take some yen out of there!"

"Kaz, I can't thank you enough! Have fun at work!" I call as he steps out of the door and closes the apartment door with a click.

As soon as he exits, I yank my phone out from inside of my sleeveless leather jacket pocket and unlock it, quickly going onto the contacts app and scrolling towards Ibuki's contact, calling it.

I press my ear to my phone to my ear and the receiver rings for a bit before Ibuki's bubbly voice pumps pleasure and happiness through my veins.

"Hihihihi! How are you Koko!!" she babbles.

"I'm fine thanks Buki, you?" I reply, a wide grin tugging on my lips.

"Ibuki is happier now that she is speaking to you again! Ibuki is very sorry about your parents! She will never forgive them!" she rambles, making me giggle to myself.

"So, Buki, I was wondering if we could maybe go out somewhere to catch up?" I ask. "You know, go grab some food?"

"Oooh! Ibuki really likes the sound of that! Me-ow!" she giggles. "Where should we meet?"

"How about the boba tea place in the large shopping centre?" I request, knowing that the place isn't far from our houses and using that to my advantage. Unless she's moved from her cosy penthouse, which is unlikely.

"Yupyupyup-o! Fine by Ibuki!" she beams. "Ibuki will see you in thirty minutes! Or half an hour if she's running late! Bye byesss!!"

And with that, she hangs up the phone and I smile to myself. Half an hour huh? Well, it takes ten minutes to walk over to the shopping centre and then another five minutes to find the boba place from there, so that leaves me fifteen minutes to spare.

So I spend the remaining fifteen minutes applying my black makeup, then I grab a ten yen note, slip on my demonia boots then leave the apartment, stepping out into the blinding, roaring sun.

I walk down the steps and begin to head for the unmistakable shopping centre. I begin to get sweaty within minutes due to the annoying hot weather, so I flick the drops off my forehead using the back of my hand.

Why does it have to be so hot? It's much better when the weather is nice and cool, because you can snuggle under a fluffy blanket and drink hot chocolate and dress up warm, but when it's hot there's not much you can do about it.

I sigh in satisfaction as I enter the building, feeling the artificial air conditioning hit my exposed skin. Alright, the boba place is up the escalator and then to the left, if I remember correctly. I walk up onto the elevator behind an old couple and I feel excitement spill through my veins. I haven't seen Ibuki in so long.