Lets keep it that way

Ok, before we start off, there are like only 7 (now 8) parts of this story out, we already have just over 300 reads and 17 votes if I remember, so thank you so much for the support, I'm so happy you are enjoying the story 🥺

⚠️TW: Homophobia and some physical abuse⚠️

————

Clays POV-

I don't think we were meant to walk into this. George had told me his dad was no longer a part of his life, he said it was complicated, so I never pressed on the subject because I didn't want to upset him anymore than he already seemed about the topic. Thinking back, maybe I should have, because now he looks so scared. The fear in his eyes tells me enough, but I'm still longing to know more, just to know nothing bad happened, it was just an argument, I want to be able to help George the best I can.

George's POV-

Flashback: It was the night I decided to come out to my parents, I had known I was gay since the age of 11, it was pretty obvious. It was weird to think of at first, but after talking to Nikki about it, I realised there was nothing to be afraid of, it was something a lot of people felt and it was ok to be gay, to be whatever I wanted to a certain extent. When I was 14 years old, I decided I would slowly start to come out to more people, the only person who knew at this point was Nikki. I came out to most of my friends first, most were excepting, some weren't, but that just meant they weren't real friends if they couldn't be happy for me. It was hard knowing that first but my real friends helped me through it. This is why I saved my parents for last, I knew that it would matter if they wouldn't except me, I couldn't just forget about it. I remember the date exactly, 19th of April at 7:00 pm. We had sat down to eat dinner, mum had made a chicken pasta dish. This was the night that I would tell them. I slowly started a conversation over dinner, asking how their days went at work, just to make sure it was a good time to tell them. And then it just happened, 'I'm gay.' I blurted it out just to get it done with, a weight lifting off my shoulders as the words brushed past my lips, but not completely. Mum sat there, looking at her plate, smiling slightly, about to speak up until my dad butted in.

'What George, I- I don't think I heard you right.'

'I- I'm gay, dad. I have known since I was-'

'No, no that's not right,' he laughed slightly, a very sarcastic and angry laugh, 'No, you can't be 'gay' that's.. that's ridiculous.'

'Dad, I- I'm sorry, I really am, but I can't change this, I can't change who or what I love.'

'He is right dear, it really isn't his fault, he is our son no matter what.' My mum tried to convince him it was ok, I gave her a smile for that, I did really appreciate it.

I could see my dads face getting red in anger, veins popping from the corners of his head. He stands up and marches right towards me, grabbing me by the collar of my shirt lifting me off my seat.

'You will change what you 'love', until then I will not call you my son.' He is practically spitting in my face, his hand gripped tightly on my shirt making hard to breathe. He tightens his grip even more and I gasp, hitting his hands to try and make him loosen his grip slightly.

'STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HIM!' My mum shouts, running to break us apart. He drops my on the ground and walks out the dining room, 'I'm going out.' He gets his coat, car keys and wallet and storms off, we never saw him after that.

Present day:

I don't know whether to clench Dreams hand tighter, or push it away. This is all so wrong. He didn't come back, he hurt me and my mum and now he is here like nothing had happened. It's the slight hope I see in his eyes that makes my stomach turn, like he is asking for forgiveness without words.

I look between him and my mum for a while, finally my mum speaks up. 'George, I know this must be a lot right now, but your dad came back after realising he was wrong and he wants to make amends. Now me and your dad aren't going to get back together, we have both realised it isn't going to work. However, he's hoping maybe he can start seeing you more, but he can of course speak for himself.'

'N-no.' I stutter, 'he had put us through too much pain and hurt, and now after accepting people are gay he wants to come back? No. He left us mum. You cried nights on end, I cried with you for months. We called and text, but he replied with nothing, leaving us completely in the dark. He walked out on us, THAT WAS HIS CHOICE, now let's keep it that way.' I am so angry, I can see my dad wants to talk, but nothing comes out.

'Oh dad, this is my boyfriend by the way.' I turn and walk out the room, taking Dream with me. I get into his car and he follows.

'George or you-'

'Just drive please..' I look out the window. I can't believe I just said that. I saw the hurt in his eyes. It makes me so happy that he could actually feel the same hurt me and my mum did. He deserves it.

————
982 words