"Do you feel down every man this way?" I asked jokingly when I'd regained my composure.

"Only the ones that smell like you," she replied, using a variation of my own line back at me, making me go light in the head.

"Eda don't you dare," I spoke slowly, but clearly. I stared at the black cloth in front of her eyes, wanting to rip it apart. I wanted her to watch everything I did to her. Calm down Serkan, I told myself as I watched her smile wildly.

Before I could say anything else, I heard the sound of the engines revving and I instinctively turned my head towards the window to watch the plane take off. Irony is a funny lady. I'd wanted to fly to show Eda that it was a completely normal thing to do but life had other plans for me, it was like a cruel joke that everyone was in on except me. As every minute passed, I only felt the sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach worsen. I wanted to get off the plane, and run in the opposite direction with Eda in my arms. Reality hit me and it hit me hard, I didn't want to be on the plane anymore, I didn't ever want to be on a plane again. I felt my breaths become ragged as I gasped for air. My throat went dry and I felt like someone was choking me to death. I let out a gasp as I tried to speak, failing miserably.

"Serkan!" I heard Eda scream and I turned my head towards her, just in time to see her pull the blindfold off her eyes. She glanced around for only a second before she realized what had happened.

"Tamam, it's alright, you're okay, " she beckoned as she got down from her seat and knelt on the floor in front of me, holding on to my hands as her wedding dress swept the floor.

"Take a deep breath," she instructed as she rubbed my hands in between hers.

"I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere," she said as she leaned forward to kiss my forehead as the satin of her dress brushed against my suit. I couldn't bring myself to respond, it was as if someone had suddenly snatched from me my ability to speak. I felt helpless and disoriented, and I didn't like it one bit.

"Serkan, look into my eyes," she pleaded when she realised that her words weren't having any effect on me. I did as I was told, and my eyes softened at the sight of her, she was my everything. I didn't want to lose her, I couldn't. Not again.

As if hearing my silent plea, she sat sideways on my lap, and pulled my face towards her, so that they were only an inch apart. My eyes glazed with tears, I tried to steady my breathing. Eda was next to me, she wasn't going anywhere, and neither was I, I kept telling myself.

"See, I'm right here," she squeezed my palms which welcomed her fingers with relief, quickly latching onto them, interlacing our digits.

"It's okay," she whispered as she repeatedly kissed my lips ever so gently.

"Eda...gitme, I don't want to be alone," I managed to say as I held on with everything I had.

"Never again Serkan," she replied calmly as she gripped me back just as hard. I shut my eyes tightly, not wanting to see what lie on the outside and buried my head into her neck, seeking comfort in her.

Time passed so slowly that I could have sworn it had been hours, but my brain knew that it was only a half an hour journey before the plane landed again and I comforted myself with this fact as I stuck to Eda.

"Serkan it's okay, we've landed," I heard her say besides my ear and slowly, I opened my eyes, one at a time. I looked outside the window to see that we were on solid ground again. I took a moment to internalize what had had happened and tried to convince myself that whatever had happened was just a really bad nightmare. Once I'd settled down, I looked at the woman who helped me through it all and smiled a small smile.