Chapter 1-updated

Like every morning my alarm clock wakes me up at five in the morning but also like every morning I turn it off and go back to sleep, or at best try to, "Aurora let's go!" Like any morning, my mom calls me from down stairs to ensure I am awake and out of bed. "Aurora I don't hear any feet."

"I'm getting up Mom just putting on my slippers." I wasn't putting on my slippers but hey what else am I supposed to tell her 'I am still laying in bed half asleep'? Yeah right.

Recently both my parents got a new jobs for NCIS. I don't know how I feel about it. My mom is away more and now my dad is closer, it's strange considering they both have the same job. However, what is truly strange is that both of my parents are working together. I mean let's face it my parents were never married to each other and my Grandma told me that my mom hardly knew him when she got pregnant with me so I always figured I wasn't planned.

"Aurora you have school you literally cannot be late anymore this year come on!" When my mom yelled, she sounded a bit closer to my room, so I figure I should get up as much as I want to miss school guess that's not happening.

"Mom hold up I'm coming just a second I promise."

Once more as I am being a good daughter and getting ready I get yelled at, "Aurora I don't have a second we need to leave now I can't be late to work gosh!" At this point, my mom was a little stressed. I wasn't trying to stress her out but let's face it she stressed me out first so you know what comes around goes around.

"What is with all the yelling? What does a retired military woman have to do to get some sleep." Grams announced opening her bedroom door.

"Morning Grams and sorry Grams but blame mom all she does is just yell at me and is so mean," I say dramatically placing my hand on my heart.

Before my Grandma had time to scold my mom my mom told me to go start up the car. She handed me different car keys from the one she normally have and I just look at her strangely. "Go outside." She says once more so I go.

"No way!" I yell probably waking up half of the neighborhood.
"Mom you got me a car! I can't believe it." Soon as I see her in sight coming outside I jump into her arms. Surprised by this action she stumbles a little but doesn't fall with me in her arms.

"Thank you so much." I probably repeated this a hundred times before she say once more to me, "Go to school you can't be late."

"Ok, Mom i'm leaving. Wait Mom I forgot my backpack."
"Aurora why are you still standing go get it." she says shaking her head laughing.

What a good morning I thought.

While in my new car stuck in the horrible D.C. traffic, I call my best friend Zoey and tell her the news about my car.