2

Clint quickly brought Aria some food to try and strengthen her as she quickly dug in, feeling extremely hungry.

"Alright green bean, while you eat up, I will go alert everyone else that you are awake and speak to our leader, Alby. Don't leave until I come back, alright?" Newt asked her as she nodded, enjoying her food too much as he left the room, leaving her to her thoughts.

Her mind was going crazy, trying to wrap it around where she was. She didn't understand why she was here, or what would happen now. It especially drove her crazy that she couldn't even remember anything about herself besides her name. Did she have any siblings? A family? She couldn't even remember her favorite color and it was driving her crazy. She also recognized Newt, but she didn't know from where. His face was just familiar.

After Aria had finished eating, she only waited about 10 minutes before Newt came back into the room.

"How are you feeling now, greenie?" He asked, taking a seat once again.

"Much better. I thought of another question while I was eating though." She told him, meeting his gaze as he let out a small chuckle.

"Of Course you do. What's up now?" He asked.

"Why did Clint call me 'the girl'? He makes it seem that out of 42 people I am the only girl." She tried to joke as he gave her a wary look.

"You are the only girl here..." He trailed off.

"What? I'm stuck here with 41 guys?" She shrieked as he let out a wary nod, causing her to start to panic. Her breathing got rapid as she started to think of the situation she was in. Newt quickly noticed and hopped up to take a seat next to her in the bed.

"Hey now, hey, hey. It's alright. You'll be fine." He comforted, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder in comfort which she jumped at the touch causing Newt to frown and take his seat once more.

"Now I get it will be overwhelming, being here like this, but I promise, no one's going to hurt ya." Newt told her as she slowed down her breathing herself, making eye contact with him once again.

"Alright." She whispered, giving him a slight head nod.

"Alright?" He questioned, as she nodded once again.

"What now?" She asked him.

"Now you have to learn about the glade. We only have three rules. Rule one, everyone does their part, no slacking." He told her as she curled a brow.

"Their part? What do you mean?" She asked.

"It means that you have to get a job. We have med-jacks, which is what Clint is. He tends to hurt people. Slicers, which are butchers for the animals, runners, which explore the maze and try to find us a way out of here, cooks, which ya know, cook. We have baggers, you don't wanna know what they do, trust me. Builders, which build things. Track-hoes garden all our crops and sloppers, they basically do all the jobs no one else wants to do. All jobs have a keeper, who is basically the boss. Any of those peak your interest?" He asked as he noticed she looked deep in thought.

"This is crazy...this is all crazy. I guess med-jack or track-hoe would be fine." She spoke as he nodded, writing it on the little notepad he had.

"Rule number two never hurt another Glader. Everything here is based on trust. If we can't trust each other, everything falls apart. Understood?"

"Understood." She nodded as he continued.

"Lastly, never go outside the glade. Unless you are a runner, you don't leave these four walls. Got it?" He asked as she nodded once again.