𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure that was a good idea, son. After all, Grayson comes from a respectful family, a trustworthy ally of ours."

"They work for me- not the other way around. I saved them. I saved their lives. I saved their company." 

"I wouldn't be able to watch you break apart, Elijah. If something happens- God, I watched you grow up into the man you are today, and-" 

"Antonio," I placed my hand on his shoulder. "I learned everything from you. I see you as a father, someone to look up to."

I meant that. As a young man, Antonio was a player, an attractive man. As he matured, he changed, of course. His looks and charms remain- not to mention the muscular body young women crave.

"You remind me a lot of your father when he was your age," he smiled, looking back in time. "He hated waiting, and he wanted answers right away, but he had a soft side for at least one person."

I looked down, remembering Levi's words from the other day.

"You good there, son?"

"Yeah, yeah... just remembered something, that's all."

"What's on your mind?"

"You remember Levi, right?"

"Which one? Sorry, my memory is getting worse and worse by day." 

"Levi Reese," I said, wondering why he asked, "Which one?". "Was or is there a different Levi?"

"Ayden informed me of Reese... but there was also a Levi Romano, I think," he scratched his head. "Levi Romano was a part of your family, I believe. But, unfortunately, he passed."

I started connecting the dots, but some things don't add up- well, not yet.

"Do you still remember when he died?"

"Has your step- I mean your father, told you about Levi Romano?"

Step?

"I never knew such a person existed, Antonio. Why haven't I heard of him?"

An uneasy look appeared on his face. 

"I might've said too much, then. Being old does something to a person," he sighed. "Perhaps it is better if you talk to your father about this.

He wished me a good day and walked out, closing the door gently. 

Levi Romano?

I clenched my fists. Something isn't right.

𝐑eturning to my office back home after taking care of business, it was already one in the morning. I ran a hand through my hair in exhaustion as I thought about the conversation with Antionio earlier. 

Not everything was adding up, but I had a few theories. 

A knock disturbed my thoughts. I told whoever was out there to come in and turned my chair around.

"Well, Romeo," James rubbed his eyes. "After hours and hours of digging, I found your Juliet's information. Thank me later."

He handed me the folder and yawned.

This should take my mind off some things.

"Good job. Thank you."

"I'm off to sleep. See you tomorrow."

I hummed in response and opened the file.

Name: Ophelia Lennox

Age: 19