- 018 -

𑁍┊memories ˎˊ˗

𑁍memories ˎˊ˗

────── .❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。 ──────

It was a chilly and calm night. The street lights of the small signposts on the narrow side streets of Seoul gleamed. The street lamps lighted up the narrow road. Hyun-aw leaned against the street pole and kicked a rock on the ground with her foot. She breathed the fresh air and her breathing vaporized from the cold air. The girl warmed her hands in the pockets of her oversized jacket.

As Han Seojun came from around the corner to the side street, he noticed the girl leaning on the street pole. Seeing the girl, he paid attention to her appearance. He had never seen the girl in other clothes than her school uniform before. Now the girl was wearing a large oversized bomber jacket, a cap, a black pleated skirt and black knee high socks with black platform sneakers. In her oversized jacket the girl looked even shorter and smaller than usual.

Seojun approached the girl and the girl raised her head from the ground. "Here" the boy said, handing two soju bottles in his hands. "Where did you get those?" The girl asked. "Just from one of my friends."  "Oh, I guess I can drink this one time." The girl said and took the bottle.

The two continued their walk side by side. It was getting chillier so the girl warmed her hands inside her jacket. "Are you cold?" The boy asked. "A little, but It's fine." The two of them continued to walk in the silence of the night, and neither of them wanted to break the silence that had formed between the two of them. The silence was calming and they both felt the same way.

After a short walk, the two of them arrived at the narrow street stairs. They decided to sit down. The place seemed queit and remote enough for a peaceful conversation. They sat on the lowest step. And here they sat, side by side in a complete silence, while listenening the sounds of the streets and small restaurants that were heard quietly from afar.

The two of them had opened their soju bottles and the silence lasted for it's moment. After a while Hyun-aw finally said "I'm sorry.. that I yelled at you today."  "It's okay, I'm sorry I didn't contact you. It just felt a little weird somehow... I didn't really know what to say to you. " Seojun said.

"A lot of things have happened and I'm sorry you had to see them. We barely even know each other. I'm sorry that I got you involved with my problems." Hyun-aw said in a quiet voice and took another sip of the soju bottle she was holding in her cold hands. "It's okay, I really didn't do much." The boy said and took a sip. "Still, thank you." They drank and sat silent.

- -

Seojun played with the bracelet on his hands. "About that bracelet..." the girl said and took a big sip. "You know.. my bestfriend used to have one just like that."

Seojun rised his head and the girl saw the boy's face. The street lights illuminated the boy's face, his cheeks flushed a bit, and Hyun-aw noticed that it was because the boy had already drunk a little. Hyun-aw saw the spark in his eyes. His eyes twinkled like a starry sky. Then Hyun-aw noticed the boy's serious face and how the boy looked at her closely, he clearly wanted to listen to what the girl had to say. "Keep talking.." The boy said.

Hyun-aw sighed deeply and took another small sip of the soju bottle, then she started. "He was the most important person in my life. He was always there for me when I was having a hard time with my family. We were each other's comfort when we both were having a hard time. We also used to be trainees together... and-" Hyun-aw felt how a small tear fell on her cheek. She quickly swept it away and sighed again. Then she took another sip.

"Then something really horrible happened to him. I tried my best to support him and be there for him, but- I couldn't prevent what happened. I couldn't stop it." The girl bursted into tears. "He was having such a hard time." The girl cried.

Seojun looked at the girl with round eyes, his eyes seemed teary. You could see the shocked reaction on his face. "Was his name Seyeon?" The boy asked. The girl turned to look at the boy with her teary eyes "How did you know?"

The boy took a big sip. "You know.. he used to be my friend too." The girl looked at the boy and didn't know how to answer. The boy continued... "Me, Seyeon... and Suho... we used to be best friends. We were really close... and- they were my only friends."

The girl didn't know how to feel... she felt like all her memories with Seyeon would've returned to her mind. All the feelings she had kept inside finally came out. "How did you know each other? - And what happened between you and Suho?"

The boy sighed. He drank the rest of the soju bottle at once. "I used to be a trainee too... and me and Suho- the incident changed everything and we haven't been friends or in good terms since.." - "In what entertainment?" The girl interrupted the boy. "... Move Entertainment" - "I guess we used to be trainees at the same time" The two of them looked at each other. A silence had arose between the two of them again. Then the girl drank the rest of her soju bottle as well.

"I want to honor Seyeon's memory... I would find it strange if something happened between us... - I mean, friendship."  Hyun-aw said. "I feel the same way..." The boy said. "Let's respect Seyeon's memory together and keep our relationship neutral." - "Maybe, it's better if we don't even become close friends." The two of them agreed. Both of the two shared a sad and difficult memory and the loss of a loved one. They both agreed that it would be best to honor the memory of Seyeon and not cause anything between the two of them.

- -

After a while, Hyun-aw began to feel the effects of the alcohol. Her head started to get dizzy. The boy looked at the girl, he was already a little drunk. He saw the girl's face and flushed cheeks. The girl was clearly drunk. "Seojunnie.. - you're so cute" The girl suddenly mumbled until her head fell into Seojun's lap. The boy's cheeks also began to blush and suddenly he got a hiccup. "Aish." The boy pushed the girl's head out of his lap. "Whae?" The girl mumbled with a drunken voice. "Aish. We need to get you a taxi." The boy said.

────── .❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。 ──────