Seaside [2: Getting' Dirty, Cliché Love Stories and the Supplies Closet]

Seaside [2: Getting’ Dirty, Cliché Love Stories and the Supplies Closet]

Maddie’s P.O.V

                “Are you ready?” Yazmine asked holding a very tight grip on my hand. Both Yazmine and I have been getting ready to ask my parents is I could go to Malibu for the summer.

                We were supposed to ask my parents when Yazmine got to my house which was eleven in the morning, now it’s three in the afternoon and we still haven’t had the courage to ask therm.

                It’s not that they were strict or anything, it’s just my first time travelling into a place without any parental guidance.

                We’ve been trying to perfect the little speech we were working on for the trip. “Ready as I’ll ever be.” Okay so we’re being kind of over dramatic here but who could blame us? It’s my first time travelling to another state without my parents.

                We walked through the kitchen, my mom and dads were home during the day because they work at night.

                Mom was already making us some snacks while dad was watching and at the same time reading the daily newspaper. I know, a normal dad reads his newspaper in the mornings with coffee, well my dad works at night and sleeps during the morning so he reads it in the afternoon.

                We both looked at each other for assurance and took a deep breath before stepping in the kitchen. “Mom Dad, can I ask you about something?” They both glanced at us, urging us to continue.

                I took a deep breath “CanIgotoMalibuwithmyfriendsthissummer?” I said in a rush, hoping that they would say Yes through all the gibberish I just said. My mom and dad gave me a blank look. “What?” My mom asked.

                I sighed “Can I go to Malibu with my friends this summer?” I said.  My parents glanced at each other for a while, a glint of mischief on their faces. They both turned to me and said “No.” in unison.

                My jaw dropped and eyes widen, suddenly Yazmine stood up beside me then kneeled down in front of my parents.

                “PLEASE MRS. HALE!! It’s like one in a life time opportunity to go to Malibu!” They chuckled “Actually we could go anytime as a family.” They stated.

                Yazmine groaned “I meant to say that it’s only a once in a lifetime chance to go to Malibu with friends.” Ashe emphasizes. “A no is a no Yaz.” He said trying to look all strict but I could see through those grey orbs, the ones that I inherited from him that he were containing his laughter.

                Why was he even finding this amusing? Is it that really funny that I cluldn’t go with my friends? Do they really enjoy the absence of my happiness?

                I groaned loudly “But Mom, Dad! Please!” I begged.

                “C’mon Mr and Mrs. Hale, see? She really wants to go! I don’t wanna spend my summer without her!”

                I looked at my best friend in Awe “Really?” I asked. “Yeah, it’s not like I could g shopping with Cade and Hance that would be so annoying!” she said in a ‘duh’ tone.

                I rolled my eyes and plastered a fake smile “Wow Yaz! I really freakin’ feel the effin love we have with each other as best friends!” I said chirping and clapping my hands sarcastically.