Chapter 9 - Aelin

We hung in the void for longer than usual, I refused to let go of Feyre's hand.

"You thought you could kill me?" Maeve's voice hissed.

"Why are you doing this Maeve?" I asked the darkness.

"Why, to cause you pain of course dear niece." Her voice laughed.

"You aren't my Aunt, you are a valg queen who wormed her way into people's minds, now let us go." I hissed.

"Oh, I'm going to let you go, but when you get back you are going to destroy everything you love." She was laughing now, and I was terrified of what that meant, then I felt it, my power slamming into me, everything that I lost.

We were thrown out of the void and into my throne room, Feyre looked around in surprise but I was struggling to keep my power from exploding.

"Fireheart!" I whirled to see Rowan running towards me.

"No, stay away, my power." His eyes widened and he scooped me up, running out into the garden.

"Give me a distance and a direction and I can take you somewhere far away from people, I know what this is like." Feyre's eyes were clear as she held out her hand to Rowan.

"Go five hundred kilometres east." He told her, taking her hand.

"Hold onto Aelin tight." Was all she said before she winnowed away.

She set us down and a clearing and Rowan set me down,

"Let it out Fireheart" he whispered.

"Go, you need to go." I got out.

I closed my eyes and my power erupted.