Chapter 5 - Aelin

Winnowing was awful, as soon as the darkness surrounded me, I couldn't help but lock up. It wasn't until we were back in sunlight I felt I could relax.

The home we were in was beautiful, made of white stone that shone in the sunlight passing through the windows.

"Feyre, can you go and yell at Amren for me?" A female voice called from the other room. 

Feyre shook her head and called back, "Mor, we have visitors."

She looked at the male, Rhys I think his name is, and rolled her eyes.

"Did you bring the new shadow singer back?" I heard from behind me. I turned to see a woman in red with golden yellow hair staring at me with large brown eyes, she was stunning.

"She isn't the shadow singer Mor." Feyre crossed her arms, as she did, I noticed the tattoos adorning them.

"I am." Alana's voice said from the corner. She emerged from the shadows closely followed by Azriel.

"I like her already." Mor declared.

"And why is that Mor?" Rhys responded almost sarcastically.

"Because Az has got his wing around her." She replied, sticking her tongue out at him.

"You're really pretty" Alana told Mor.

She gave a feral grin "Ok, now I really like her."

Rhys shook his head and turned to me but before he could speak, I opened my mouth 

"Why did Alana call you Lord and Lady Night?"

Feyre grinned "In this world we have courts, each court has a High Lord, only this court has a High Lady, I'm like you, a queen, that's the easy and short way of explaining it."

I wasn't too sure how to answer so I dipped my chin.

"I take it you both need clothes?" Feyre asked.

I nodded.

"I can go to the Court of Nightmares and get some of my childhood clothes for Alana." Mor had crossed her arms and was examining us.

"Do they even exist still Mor?" Rhys grinned at her.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She snarled.

"That you are over five hundred now dear cousin, I'm surprised Kier didn't burn them ages ago." He replied, I could tell her was trying to hold in his laughter.

"Shove it Rhys." She snapped before disappearing.

"You can wear some of my clothes Aelin" Feyre said, a smile on her face. "Nuala has made two rooms up for you, opposite each other, I'll show you them and let you both get settled while we wait for Mor."

She took us up a sweeping marble staircase and down a corridor, she gestured to two doors opposite each other, and I smiled at her in thanks.

"I'll go and find something for you to wear, I take it pants and a top and not a dress?" She asked.

"Yes please, dresses are annoyingly constrictive." I smiled at her; I could tell she was like me, but I wasn't sure how.