----

"Any progress, boss?"

"We've found out where her base is, now we're waiting for the right time to go in, until then, we lay low."

"How much longer will you be?"

"I'm not sure, it could be a few days, maybe a week or two."

"Delilah's missing you."

"I miss her more, is she happy?"

"As happy as she can be."

"You aren't just saying that, are you?"

"Trust me capo, she's happy."

"Good."

She emerged from my room, signalling that she's ready to go. 

"We've got to get going, I'll give you more updates soon."

"Alright, tell her I love her."

"Will do. Bye."

After the conversation we went on our way. 

Today is Delilah's first day back at university after the whole incident. Her father still isn't back, it's only been a week but she's really eager for him and the triplets to return home. 

I've never tried so hard to be kind in all my life, but that's all I am doing now that she's under my care. I have to bite my tongue way more than I'm used to, I have to make sure my words are softer and gentle, but that is something I need working on, and most importantly, I have to make sure she's as comfortable and happy as possible.

Because that's how she makes me feel. 

As always, I'm holding her hand as we walk into the building, her hand slightly shaking over mine. She always shakes in public, or when she's scared or sad, but she shivers the most when around strangers. 

I know she hasn't been out a lot in her life, and has a traumatic past, but it doesn't seem to be the complete story. There has to be something else that makes her like this. 

It's strange to know that she has been through similar things to me. 

Abuse from a parent. 

I would've never imagined that, seeing as she is Dante Hamilton's daughter. It seems impossible to harm a child of his, but it clearly isn't. 

It just goes to show, you know people's names, not their story

"Oh my- Luci, Sandy's over there, hide me," she whisper-yelled, tugging on my arm and hiding behind it. I chuckled quietly. 

"Why?"

"She's probably angry at me."

"So?"

"Lucifer!" she scolded gently. "She's supposed to be my first friend, I don't want to lose that."

Understandable. 

But. 

She doesn't need Sandy. 

She only needs me. 

"Then go and talk to her?" I stated, confused as to why she's so afraid to talk to her. 

"I-I can't."

"Come on, I'll hold your hand the whole time."

"But it's-"

"Delilah?"

We both look over to our left to see Sandy looking down at Delilah with mixed emotions.