Epilogue

Mika's giggles fill my ears making me and Darius smile. The small baby fighting for her life, now a beautiful little girl full of laughter and happiness. My large brown and white wolf pounces and chases my little girl as she runs. I playfully nip at her feet making her giggle and run faster to get away from me. Her small body compared to my huge wolf is funny but sometimes I'm scared I might hurt her.

Mama reassures me I won't as he used to be like this with me and Cara, but not to be mean, Milo is a small wolf and as I grew up that worry left. Especially when cara and I first shifted, my wolf was almost as big as his and Cara's around the same size. And Mika is a tiny little girl, although not a runt, but still really small like Tate. She's like a little bean next to me in both wolf and human form. In human form she comes half way up my shin, and in wolf form she's just about the size of my leg, maybe a little shorter with my paw the size of her head.

"Daddy." Mika laughs as she runs. I playfully snap my jaws at her and growl making her laugh even more.

All of a sudden, Mika trips over her own feet. She cries as she grazes her hands and knees on the ground. I nudge her cheek with my nose and rub my body on hers giving her some sort of comfort. I lick her hands and knees clean before crouching for my little pup to climb on. Her small hands fist my fur as she sniffles from the shock of falling.

"It's ok beautiful." I mind link her. "Daddy'll clean your hands and knees when we get to grandpa Arlo's house."

"W-we go t-to grandpa?" Mika sniffled. I give her a small huff as a yes knowing it makes her laugh. And of course I get a small giggle from her.

Soon enough, we get to mama's house where he took Mika from my back and gave me a pair of shorts. When he takes her inside, I quickly shift and put the shorts on. What? I don't like shifting in front of my daughter, I'm not going to scar a three year old. I know mama did it with me and Cara but we never looked at him, but Mika is a curious little thing just like Tate and that'll be hard to explain that we don't have the same parts. This is why I'm half glad schools are about, they can teach them all that embarrassing stuff.

When I walk into the house, I hear Mika crying in the living room. Just as I enter, I have a small body attached to my leg. A deep chuckle sounds from me as I look down at my daughter clinging to my leg for dear life with an adorable little pout. I pick her up and sit her on my hip where she lays her head on my chest seeing as she can't reach my shoulder.

"What's wrong beautiful? Why are you pouting?" I ask my daughter trying to hold back a laugh.

"Grandpa try to hurt me." She whimpered.

"Mika, I don't think grandpa is trying to hurt you. He's just trying to help." I tell her with a chuckle.

"No laughing daddy." Mika growls and hits my chest.

"Mika Tate smith you don't hit people." I said sternly. My daughter whimpers and puts her head down. "What do you say to daddy?"

"I'm sorry daddy." She cries.

"It's ok. But you can't hit people. It's not nice. Now let grandpa clean your hands and knees before they get more sore. They'll heal tomorrow and then you'll be back to normal."

"Ok." Mika sniffles. I kiss her head and put her down where she runs to the kitchen back to mama.

"I wish Wyatt was like that." Cara laughed behind me.

"She just doesn't like it when I use her full name. She already knows it's serious when I do." I smile. "Where is Wyatt anyway?"

"With Rick going for a walk. They wanted me to relax so here I am. What happened to her hands and knees anyway?" My sister asked.

"We were putting flowers down for Tate and she wanted to see Darius. She was running around and fell grazing her hands and knees. It'll all heal by tomorrow anyway, mama's just making sure it doesn't get infected." I replied.

"Fair enough. What's her new thing this week?"

"Oh goddess don't get me started. Ryan asked her if she was a daddy's girl or if she'd prefer chips. Mika said chips. She's just like Tate, wanting food all the time." I smiled. "One of a kind my little girl. So she runs around the house yelling chips over daddy."

Cara laughed bending over clutching her belly. "Awww bless her. She's so cute."

"She's the little devil." I say as I pick up my now running daughter making her laugh when I pick her up.

"I no devil daddy, you are." Mika states in a matter of fact tone.

"Is that so? Then that makes you the devils daughter so you just like me." I growl playfully and tickle her hearing the cute laugh she makes.

The sun went down and we all had dinner with mama, dad, Kolby and Elias. Cara went home so it was only me, Mika, Thomas and Xander at the table with our parents and grandparents-for Mika's sake.

After dinner, Mika was falling asleep so I picked her up where she could lay her head on my shoulder. I carefully hugged everyone so I wouldn't wake a grouchy pup, then left the house. Pack members gave me curt nods and some of the women awing at Mika.

Soon enough, I got to the house. Since I only had shorts on I was able to change Mika into her pyjamas then get straight into bed myself. After changing Mika into some comfortable pyjamas, a onesie because that's all she'll sleep in, then went to my room. I flopped on to the bed and lazily got under the covers. This once full bed now empty with only me sleeping in it. Even though I've grown used to it, I still can't get over the fact I sleep alone. Maybe I'll get a second chance mate, maybe I won't.

If I don't, that's a good thing because then I'll be able to give all my attention to Mika like she needs and deserves, but if I get one I can't give her that. Darius will only want said mate which is unfair on Mika. Even though it pains me, I don't want another mate, I can't go through the pain of losing them. And my heart belongs to one person, and one person only.

And her name is Tate.

Of course Mika as well, that little girl knows how to make me laugh just like Tate used to. It's weird how much Mika acts like her mum, I'm glad about that because I still get to hear that beautiful laugh my mate passed down to our daughter. But romantically, my heart will never go to another.

Because Tate took that the moment my eyes set on her, sitting there in that corridor.

A/N: I'm not crying my eyes are sweating. I can't believe it's done, over. I really don't want it to be but you know what they say, all good things must come to an end. If I'm being honest I think this is my BEST work by far, there are a few others I like but this one has to be number one. If you have read any of my other works, tell me which ones and which is your favourite.

Thank you so much for reading, this has been one hell of a ride, smiles, tears, the lot. thank you 😊