CHAPTER 9 : Part 3

Anirudh's p.o.v

No! ... No! No! No! It's not at all like that. Okay fine! Tapas did help us! There! I said it! Happy now?! I glowered at my reflection in the mirror. My stupid heart isn't helping much today. Its busy making me understand Tapas Chakraborty – the apple of my eye, have actually helped us in a very effective way. Though what we did is a crime, it was the only way left in front of us. I know we'll have to solve the consequences of that particular act later but right now, Baba is more important to me. And I'm ready to do anything to keep my promise to him.

Tapas isn't out of my scrutiny yet. Though what he did impressed me, I'm not ready to leave him just like that. What if this help itself is a plan to get into my good-book, to avoid my watchful eyes? Possible! I wonder why I'm so doubting of him. I mean, nobody else feels anything wrong about him but me. Why is it that its only me who feels he's a masked man? Why is it only me who thinks he's a wolf in a sheep's disguise? Those grey orbs... What are they hiding that only seems to call upon me but no one else?

Running a hand to clear a disoriented strand of hair, I sighed and straightened my shoulders. I'll find it out. But right now, I've something much more important to focus on. The apple of my eye, you have to wait darling.

----------------<>---------------

"What do you mean you need to cross examine 'him'? Are you out of your mind, Barrister Roy Chowdhary?!" Hans gasped in disbelief.

"I meant what I meant Barrister Hans" I smirked lightly.

"Mr Roy Chowdhary! Are you even aware of what are you requesting for?" The Judge enquired, equally shocked.

"Yes, Your Honour. Indeed I'm aware" I replied nonchalantly.

"You are asking me to grant you permission for cross-examining the Lieutenant-Governor of Bengal Province" he repeated.

"No, Your Honour. I'm requesting you to grant me the permission to cross-examine Lord John Greenwood. Whomever he may be, that doesn't bother me" I held my hands behind my back and stood erect.

"Objection Your Honour! Barrister Roy Chowdhary is insulting the administration!" Hans yelled.

"And may I know how that is, Barrister Hans?" I questioned.

"Barrister Roy Chowdhary! Your request has been rejected! You may proceed or -"

"Why?" I interrupted the Judge.

"Because I say so!" He shouted.

I scoffed and continued.

"That is not the way things work, as far as I've been taught. Was there any change in the curriculum after your graduation, Your Honour?" I sneered at him.

He gave me a deadly glare and gestured at Barrister Hans to continue.

"Wow Barrister Roy Chowdhary! And now you're humiliating the Court!" Hans started.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not humiliating anyone Hans. I was just presenting the facts" I shrugged.

"Well, this is not the way it should be presented then!" The Judge yelled and slammed the hammer on the desk.

"Mr Greenwood! Are you afraid to come over here and have a little chit-chat with me?" I turned to him, knowing full well there's no use of fighting these idiotic puppets of him.