Chapter Twenty Three

As Esme hurried along the halls, Jamie following quickly, the whispers and hushed voices surrounding Esme's ears, all she could think of was what people were saying about her.
"Why did you do it?" Jamie's voice calls after her, as they both enter a large room, one of the rooms that was barely ever touched or used, Esme's hiding room. "I just got fed up of keeping secrets, how am I ever supposed to have a relationship with that secret crowding over me at every given moment" Esme breathed. "This is about Perri then" Jamie mumbled, as Esme shook her head, but soon stopped and nodded her head yes. "All because you like Perri?" Jamie questioned, as Esme sighed and nodded her head again. 

Jamie sighs and takes his fingers through his hair, combing it in a different direction to the way it was styled. "You know what you've done now though right?" Jamie states, as he leans himself against the desk nailed to the wall and stares at Esme, Esme sighs herself and nods her head. "My life is going to change, but it mean's there's no more secrets, I can finally live my life" Esme breaths, as Jamie shakes his own head. "No, it mean's your life is no longer your life, it means your privacy goes out of the window, especially if you're becoming involved with someone in a relationship in the public eye, this needed time to work it all out, time to discuss, not a heat of the moment this is me" Jamie scolds, as there's a knock on the door. "Stay here" Jamie mumbles, as he walks to the door, opening it slightly before he steps out into the corridor. 

Whilst Esme stood anxiously in the room she had hidden herself in, Jamie stood in a hallway with a group of people, all talking about Esme and the stunt she had pulled, Esme's phone flashing up with Perri's Instagram, but she chose to ignore this, maybe she really had made a mistake, but this mistake had no coming back from it. 

"Did you know she was going to do this? I mean it's great publicity for the company, but now we are going to need to do press statements, is she ready for this?" One of the producers asked, Jamie still pulling a hand through his hair in a stressful way, the questions being thrown at him was something he hadn't imagined happening tonight at all. 

As Perri walked down the hallways looking for Esme, he soon found himself staring at the group of people outside the room Esme was in fact in, his own heartbeat beating the same pace Esme's was. "Is Esme around?" Perri asked the crowd as he drew closer to them, all of the eyes turning to face him. "This isn't a place for you to be Mr Kiely, I suggest you go back to where you should be" Another producer explained, but Perri wasn't backing down from this challenge. 

Esme stood in the room as Perri came through the door, despite the protests from the group of people gathered around in the hallway. "Esme?" Perri whispered as their eyes connected, Esme just wishing the room would swallow her whole. "Why didn't you tell me? After everything you've done for me and Jordan you kept this from me?" Perri whispers, his voice cracking slightly. "It wasn't that easy" Esme whispered as Perri shook his head, his hand going up to stroke his afro, but conveniently it was tugged back into a perfect bun, something Esme loved about Perri was his ability to tame his mane and put it into a bun. "Then what was it? you didn't think I would keep the secret?" Perri mumbles, as he kicks his feet on the floor, trying to advert his gaze away from Esme. "This isn't Hannah Montana Perri, I dont get to go back to living a normal life now what this is out, do you understand that?" Esme whispers as the tears threaten to leave her eyes. "I don't get to go back to going home and people not knowing who I m, I have literally just made the biggest mistake" Esme whispers, as the tears fall from her eyes. "But what about us?" Perri whispers, as Esme shakes her own head. "There never was na us, plus you have a girlfriend" Esme whispers, as Perri shakes his head again. "Not anymore" Perri whispers, as a new found confidence ignites his body and he closes the space between himself and Esme. "It's always been you" Perri whispers, as he cups Esme's face in his hands, making her look at him, both of their eyes connecting. 

"It's always been you" Perri whispers, as he places his lips on Esme's and the doors behind him open.