Chapter 1

Inside of a grand, golden palace lies a non-blood-related-sibling meeting for the first time.

Curio: So, you're my new sister?

He said this while staring at a peach-haired girl with even peachier eyes. She looked like a typical anime heroine--especially in those Rom-Com cartoons.

See? That was a pretty decent description.

Zulie: Precisely.

Now, Zulie thought Curio looked like an overworked blondie-hence dark eyebags underneath his purple eyes. For a prince, he was not very prince-y. Instead, the boy looked like a rebellious teenager.

...

No comment.

Zulie: Should you be frantic or something? I expect someone as arrogant as you should be whining about your new stepmom.

See, Zulie was very into cliche television--as she was raised on Earth for a large portion of her life.

Curio: Pft. First of all, that is ridiculous. Second, I do not have the time to be mad at a little girl.

Zulie: Little?

Actually, they were only 3 years apart--

...

Zulie, clicking her tongue: Anyways, do you have anything fun to do around here?

Curio paused to think for a moment.

Curio: Bingo? Uno? Poker?

Zulie scoffed. She was appalled by the lame response.

Curio: Pardon?

The peach--er Zulie gave a sinster grin.

Zulie: I have a fun activity we can do.

Curio: Hmm? what is it?

They go to the arena because Zulie's great idea is a duel!

Zulie: Alright, blonde emo vulture. I am not calling you older brother until you can beat me in a duel.

Curio: Number 1, that was a very intricate nickname there. Number 2, I'm not going to bully the weak.

Zulie: Do not get too boastful just yet.

After a slight pause, Curio realized she was serious. Well, as serious as someone with her brain cells can get.

Curio: Fine. Don't regret it, little sis.

Zulie: 'Strike.'

Zulie's wand sliced through the air at exceptional speed. It was quick, but not quick enough.

Curio: 'Miss.'

He hadn't pulled out his weapon yet, so he was using his palm to direct the spell.

A strong gust of wind knocked the scepter away seconds before the wand could penetrate Curio's eye.

Zulie's wand ricocheted off of thin air and hit the arena's stone wall with a thud.

Curio could only pray Zulie was fine with a broken wand. (And that her wand was not designer--yes, we have boujee sticks of magic in this world.)

Curio advances at Zulie and unleashes a black scythe which was brimming with dark energy.

Zulie: A close-range weapon, eh? Looks like I can not let him get near...