Chapter Fifty-Two: Angry Bride

Celine had been smiling all day. She had been happy, delighted, and more than a little nervous. And now, at last, it was time for her and Erik to become one on paper and by law.

    The supposedly fun part would come tonight.

     The wedding was held in the the white, glass gazebo of the Georgia plantation. Black, white, and red flowers lined the aisles and accented the chairs, symbols for darkness, the light, and the in between. The day was glorious, cloudless, and promisingly warm.

   All went according to plan, as usual, until, as usual, Celine turned the metaphorical corner and snapped.

   The Wedding March started and she proceeded to walk down the flower-edged path. Then she saw Erik wearing his mask.

    She thrust her red bouquet of roses so hard into her best man, Rodger was winded and her fingers faintly bruised with the collision with his ribs.

   She dragged the layers of her large white gown into her arms, revealing more of her bare legs than was appropriate, especially for a wedding, and stalked furiously toward Erik.

  They had had countless discussions about whether or not he would wear his mask to their wedding and he had agreed to leave it off.

  She snatched it off his face and threw it into a glass wall. Glaring at him and ignoring the screams and gasps, her eyes bore into his.

   "She cannot marry that monster!"
A man stood up in the crowd of 30.

    "The devil is what she's marrying!" Shouted another.

   "Grace, how can you do this?" Exclaimed a woman.

   "Beast!"

   "Demon!"

    Erik turned fully to face their guests and smiled sinisterly.

   Celi met Rodger halfway and retrieved her bouquet.

   "Please start the ceremony," she asked sweetly.

    He glanced between them but put a sock in it. The Treacles were paying him to do his work. And God made all men beautiful.

    "Dearly beloved... you may now kiss the bride."

  There were many more gasps as Erik and Celi crashed into each other, passionately displaying their affection. The beauty was kissing a monster, and married couple were displaying lustful affection. But the kiss, to both of them, was one of the most sweetest they'd shared yet. They were now married. Legally stuck with each other until they killed each other and death did them part.

   After the wedding Celi and Erik promptly made a mess if their inedible wedding cake by tossing it with Rodger and a few if their closest friends. Erik needed revenge after his new wife started laughing at him for cutting into the table instead of the cake.

    A few people left, revolted by the union between the dead man and the living girl. But those who remained remained because they truly supported the couple's happiness.

   They gained as many friends as legality.

   And there was still more to come.

         Ten years later...

   "MOMMY WHERE IS MY DAMNED SHOE?" Syren shouted at the top of her eight year old lungs.

   Celi rolled her eyes at her youngest child's language. Erik really needed to stop damning things in front of the children.

   When he finished putting the baby to bed she'd scold him for it. "It is nearly ten in the evening, Sy, you don't need your shoe, you need your pillow. Get your problems straight, hmm?" She kissed her little girl's forhead.

   "But I need to know where it is. J need to."

  "No-"

  "NEED TO."

   Celi shook her head and stood up from tucking her beautiful daughter in. As the child of two vocally gifted people, Sy was already developing tactics and tricks to manipulate her voice to it's full extent. Which was terrifying as she could have her mother's sweetness one minute and her father's deathly seductive tones the next. She was a vexation on her parents and her seven month old baby brother.

    "Go to sleep," Celi whispered.

      She retreated out the door before she could be dragged into another arguement.

    However, she was immediately accosted by her husband.

   Erik softly slammed her into the wall thr moment the door had closed, and began an assault against her lips.

   His body brushed against hers as he slid down slightly to roll fistfuls of material into his hands and lift her skirts.

    "Everytime I see our children I can barely believe we made them, and then I start thinking about you, tonight, when you sang that lullaby to Sy before she screamed... I haven't heard you sing in so long," he said, his lips on her throat as he lifted her up.

     "I haven't had time."

   "Well now you do."

    "And if I don't want to?"

   Erik smiled devilishly, pressing his hips into hers suddenly. "Then I'll make you."

   Her breathing grew shaky.

     "I've missed my wife. Oh and I've arranged a picnic for tomorrow. Let's go to  bed too, shall we?" He moaned as her hands crept up his torso.

    "Why on earth - nevermind."

   "I love you, Celi."

    "I love you too, Erik."

      So, wedding night is actually going to be the last chapter. Which us the next one. I just wanted a fluff here.