Chapter Fifty-One: Fluff Revelations

Celine was on her knees before the fire in her room. The raging embers illuminated her face while simultaneously casting shadows over it. Her young figure was cut into a temptress's form, and as Erik gazed upon that unknown side of her, the side as innocent but more wantful than any other, he felt his love and passion for her flare. He loved her so much. He just wanted to love her. To hold her, to kiss her endlessly.

     And he saw that she wanted love too. But why did she suddenly shake as he came near? He knew his affect on women when he was masked, and though Celine was usually immune, she still quivered occasionally, but this was not the same shivering delight. This was not a delight at all. Her eyes were wary.

   "Are you alright?" He asked softly, reaching a hand out to brush away her hair after he had sat down beside her.

    "Perhaps. But I have something I need to tell you."

    "Go ahead. Nothing can change us."

       She closed her eyes and shoved out a quick breath. "What if I can't have children? My accident might have done something. And I'm really not at all pretty under -"

   "Celi I will never be rude to you, nor will I ever cut you off. But right now you need me to be both." He made her turn to look at him. "Shut up, my love. I love you. I don't care if you had feathers instead of skin. I don't want children, there is the risk of them inheriting my face and fearing me. All I want is you."

      Celi felt herself smiling. Maybe he was being honest.

      "I love you too." She laughed. "But will I really make a good wife?"

    "Will I make a good husband?"

    "Yes."

           Hey so let me explain. The wedding is huge and Celine of course has to be Celine once she sees what Erik does. This is a public comedy show. And that's all I'll say. But this chapter just had to be tiny.