Part 30

Caleb

"You'll have to stay here for a little while before I can let you back up to the surface." I said warily, mopping Noah's forehead.

Leith came back into the room, his expression thoughtful."What if we contact Magnus somehow—get him to come pick us up?" He looked at Noah. "He needs a specific medicine that only Magnus can provide for him."

I knew that was out best chance but I couldn't understand how to get out without being tracked. I was watched closely nowadays. Everyone had heard that I had been in touch with the heir to Blackwood but a rumour had spread that I had fled to Unity to hide from the Collective.

Some people knew that wasn't true—but they still hadn't contacted me at all.

The doorbell rang. I looked up in, shocked—I hadn't heard that sound since the day I'd met Ray. The day Conner Freed showed up and nearly killed me. The day that—for some reason—Jacob Nightingale cured me of a spell that his parents put on me. I can't exactly comprehend why he'd did that but—I can't think about that now.

Someone rang my doorbell which means that they know I'm home. I stand up. Peer through the peephole. The post man. I sigh, he's a human—the only one that isn't allowed to be killed. I open the door and hold my hand out. Letters fell onto my open palm and the man walks away—not even mustering up a 'good day'.

I close the door and sit dow on a kitchen seat. I open the correspondence that look most important. It says;

𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖇,

𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖔𝖇 𝖎𝖘 𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝕽𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖞𝖓𝖆𝖗𝖉. 𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖉 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖎𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓 𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖑 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖉.

𝕸𝖞 𝖒𝖊𝖓 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖎𝖓𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖊𝖉 𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕽𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖘𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖐𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖔𝖇. 𝕴 𝖍𝖔𝖕𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖙𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖆 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖎𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖙.

𝕸𝖆𝖓𝖞 𝖜𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖑𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖙𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚,

𝖅𝖆𝖓𝖊 𝕱𝖑𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊

𝕻.𝕾. 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕴 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖍𝖚𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖑 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊.

I looked up from the paper, my eyes stinging slightly. Raylene? That was Ray's real name? What a peculiar one it was. I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought, I guess you have to ask the person to know them.

"Noah passed out again!" Leith called from the living room.

I looked up and called back. "Just a moment!"

I opened the second envelope and unfolded the other letter. It read;

𝒞𝒶𝓁ℯ𝒷,

ℐ 𝓀𝓃ℴ𝓌 𝓌ℯ 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃'𝓉 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀ℯ𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁ℯ, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝓎 𝒻ℴ𝓇𝒸ℯ𝓈 𝒾𝓃 ℐ𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝒾𝓃𝒻ℴ𝓇𝓂ℯ𝒹 𝓂ℯ 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒶𝓇ℯ ℴ𝓃 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓉ℴ𝓅 𝓉ℯ𝓃 ℴ𝓃 ℒ𝒪𝒮𝒮'𝓈 𝒶𝓈𝓈𝒶𝓈𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝓈𝓉. ℐ 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒽ℯ𝓁𝓅 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝒥𝒶𝒸ℴ𝒷 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝓈ℴ𝓂ℯ𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓉ℴ 𝒹ℴ 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈.