intro

William

I sit down underneath the willow tree and wait for Isla to catch up. Her white blonde hair shimmering in the moonlight. "Will, we're going to get found out." She whispers loudly, falling into my waiting arms as she lands awkwardly from her jump over the creek.

I smile. "If we were—then you can just say that I was kidnapping you." I murmur. Isla locks eyes with me. Aquatic blue with emerald green. I sigh and know the seriousness in her eyes is a clear message for me to quit it.

"I was only joking love." I plead as she pulls away from me.

"And I am only a girl." She says.

I smile, the warmth flooding back into my heart once more. "You're more than that—you're my girl." Isla grins and springs at me sending us both into the long, spiky grass. A pale, mould green in the moonlight.

We watch the moon as it makes its slow journey across the velvet blue sky. After a few hours of small comments and jokes, I sigh. "What's wrong?" Isla asks, rolling onto my elbows and brushing a stray strand of short curly white hair across her face.

I focus on her and smile tiredly. "Tell me a story."

She looks at me, confused and slightly taken aback. "About what?"

I rest my hands against the back of my head. "Anything." Isla think for a moment, then she smiles and begins to stroke my hair. "Once there was a young princess. She was everything the people wanted for a queen. Strong, smart, and able to make life depending decisions.

But the girl wanted more than the palace life. Everyday she would stare out of her bedroom window, wondering what life was like outside of the palace gates. Then, one night. A commotion woke the princess up. It was late at night and she knew she wasn't supposed to be up—but curiosity overrode her anxiety. She crept down the stairs and found voices coming from the throne room. There were three familiar voices; her parents—but the one she recognised the most was the last voice. A smooth, flowing sound that made her heart stiffen in recognition. She leant close and placed her ear against the door. But, she pushed too hard against the door, it let out a loud squeak. She knew she had to reveal herself. She went in and bowed apologetically. As she bowed, she peeked out through her hair and saw a handsome, familiarly white haired boy the same age as herself—sixteen—staring down at her. She looked away hurriedly, trying not to show her inner displeasure."

Isla stops and makes to kiss my cheek. I smile and move my head so that she catches my lips instead. "I know exactly where this story is going." I murmur against her lips. I feel her smile. Isla pulls away and I open my mouth to ask something. She presses a finger against my mouth. "Hush, let me finish." I nod reluctantly and lean back, ready to hear the rest.

"The princess stepped out of her bow and her parents fussed over her. Her mother apologising to the young gentleman. Her father wrapping his large cloak around her thin shoulders. The boy stepped forward and leant in to hug her. Saying he missed her so much. She smiled stiffly and replied with a light kiss on the cheek. The old friend arrived and left every now and then.

The princess soon became to loath the stranger's arrivals. Not only for his constant wanting to be with her—but for all the things he brought with him. From the surface. Soon, she found out something that made her recoil with hate. He was a pure blood vampire who had once upon a time been her friend. Now he was supposed to be her husband. The princess was so disgusted by this fact that every moment she could, she would undoubtedly be as far away from the boy that was as familiar with her kingdom as she was. She wanted to live on the surface where dragons roamed and fairies and pixies lived and hunted. She was so desperate to leave the place she'd called home for the past sixteen years.