"Roman..." She choked out as she clutched her locket tightly in her hands as she ran. Her love had it made from an old picture she found of her brother and mother. "Please... Watch over me."

"AVA MARIE PAYNE!" She slipped in the mud falling to her knees as her father roared out her name. Damn dresses... Ava never really did like wearing them all the time. She much preferred the nice pants outfits her brother made for her. All these dresses did was made it hard for her to move. "Good." Her father hissed as she tried to get up only to slip more on the mud. She turned to see him glaring down at her with this sick grin on his face. "You're learning." He lulled darkly as he stalked closer making her heart pound in her chest. It wasn't the first time she'd been at the brunt of his hand. Since Roman's death, she never failed in angering the man. She no longer felt fear... only anger. Still... no one likes being hurt. Her father's eyes gleamed as he stopped right there in front of her, his sick grin only widening as she glared up at him. "This is how you should be... This is a women's place..." Ava flared in rage as her father laughed coldly at her. "On her knees."

"You are a despicable man." She countered as she gripped her locket tightly. She could hear Roman's words in her mind as she shook her head. All those times their father would boast about marrying her off for money. She would get so scared about being alone with a man no different than their father. Roman would always whisper to her softly, calming her down about how a real man would be. How a man should be. A man's true place... "Men belong BEHIND the women... not above them." She could see the fire in her father's eyes as she staggered to her feet. She's never once backed down to her father and she wasn't about to start now... no matter what it cost her. "A man's place is behind his wife... supporting her and their family. Their job is to care for and support them with everything they ha-..." She cried out as the taste of iron filled her mouth. Her father growled as he grabbed her, having backhanded her hard enough to cut her lip. 

"That stain of a brother of yours corrupted you. Filling your mind with useless fallacy. You'd best learn your place, wench... Lest you join him." Ava simply laughed as she turned to face her father with this cold look in her eyes. She spotted this figure behind him and smiled as she shook her head.

"Drown in your spirits." She spat out only enraging her father more who threw her to the mud. She flinched, squeezing her eyes shut, as he reared himself to strike. He never got the chance.

"Hitting little women now..." Carter's eyes shot wide as he suddenly spun around to see his son standing there, an evil smirk on his lips and red eyes glowing brightly. "What? Couldn't find another boy to murder."

"Roman?" Roman laughed as he slowly stalked closer, his red eyes flashing as this look of insanity filled his gaze. "You're dead."

"You would know." Roman held his hand out catching Carter's attention only to freeze up, as the athame appeared in the boy's hand.

"Roman!" Another's a voice filled the air, a woman... but it did nothing to deter the moment. Roman just laughed as he lashed out making Carter stumble back, falling to his ass in complete shock. 

"Let's set up some rules." Roman lulled as he twisted the blade in his hand, trying to slash at the human, although more focused on just enjoying it all than actually wanting to kill him. "Rule one... When I talk you answer." Roman hit Carter in the leg making the man grunt in pain before the demon to be twisted himself around and stabbed him in the side. Carter screamed as Roman just stood there staring off, feeling this warmth in his chest. Someone else was screaming. Someone else was feeling his pain. Someone else was suffering... it felt like bliss. "Rule number two... You must learn respect. GET ON YOUR KNEES!" Roman was completely enraptured by the feelings blurring together in him. He couldn't get enough of it. He didn't even notice how Ava slowly got back to her feet. Roman's mind was fractured. He knew this man. He knew he knew this man, but at the same time, he couldn't latch on to anything. All he knew was he was in agony and he was FINALLY getting someone else to feel it too. He was finally able to make another scream out. He needed it... the blood... the gore... He needed to feel them squirm under his blade. "Rule number three." Roman hissed out as he twisted the blade making Carter scream, even more, sending fire through Roman's bloodstream. "You call me Romulus." Roman's eyes went black as all this energy started to burn around them all. "Or I cut out your tongue and shove it down your throat... make you choke on your own words."