37

TW~Impied acts of rape in the past

"CRUSHES!!! Tell me. Tell me. Tell me... So that I may ship you all!" Patton laughed with a fake evil laugh as Logan shot him this confused look.

"Patton, the two of us are literally dating, and you know your brother is Ace. Why aren't you just asking those two about it instead of being it up in the circle?" Patton pouted as he whined about having fun. Roman tugged on Virgil's sleeve with this look in his eyes as Virgil laughed.

"Ace is short for asexual. It means that in terms of sexual attraction... finding a desire to be with in a sexual sense... they don't experience it." Roman made an 'o' face as he nodded and turned back to the group... only to falter and give Virgil that confused look again making Virgil laugh even more. "Having a crush means that they find someone attractive romantically... it is often a precursor to love... or heartbreak."

"Love?" Virgil nodded noticing right away how Roman instantly turned back into the conversation with far more interest than he had before. "So wait... What was the question?"

"I wanted to know if you or Virgil had crushes." Roman's face fell a bit with a shake of his head as he just sighed.

"Not me... I didn't even know what a 'crush' was. Patton, I literally asked you what love was." Patton's eyes flashed as he suddenly looked a bit sad.

"Oh, right... I forgot."

"It's ok, Padre. I am curious to know more about it. I had a friend who used to tell me all these stories about it." Logan just sat there really confused as Roman laughed a bit. "Fiona told me once it was the best feeling in the world." The way Janus paled actually made Virgil really nervous as he glared the witch down.

"I would have to agree with her." Patton smiled as he stared at Logan with this doe-eyed expression that made Roman's eyes fill with awe. "Then again Logan and I have been together for a while now."

"You seem happy," Roman whispered with a very childlike smile as Patton just nodded.

"I am." Patton laughed as he turned back to Virgil noticing how the emo was glaring his brother down and sighed. "Virgil? What about you? Do you have a crush?"

"Been there. Done that. Never doing it again." Roman frowned as Virgil just rolled his eyes and waved everyone off. "I'm happy you and Logan have each other and shit but... Me and Love don't mix. I'm not falling in love ever again."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Virgil just shook his head shutting Patton down since he really didn't care about his own love life at all as he turned to Roman, seeing his sad look, and smiled.

"I am curious. Since Logan brought up the fact that Janus is Ace... what's everyone else's orientation? We'll say that that's my question for the circle." Roman just sat there with this lost look in his eyes as Virgil laughed. "I go first, I guess. I'm gay." Once again Roman gave him a questioning look as Virgil leaned in to whisper in his ear. "It means that I like men and not women... homosexual."

"Oh!" Roman smiled as he nodded. "I know about that. I just didn't know it was called that now."

"Panromantic Demisexual." Patton beamed only to falter seeing the confusion once again on Roman's face. "Uh... Do you not know..."

"S-Sor... S...Sorry." Roman managed to choke out, ignoring the bile that crawled up his throat from the sudden visions of Eve that flashed in his mind over apologizing to witches, and curled up into himself as Patton quickly just waved him off reassuringly. 

"It's quite already, Ro. Not everyone does know. I just wanted to make sure I explained it if I needed to. Panromantic means that I can be in a romantic or companionship type relationship with anyone regardless of gender." Roman's eyes shined as he latched completely on what was said. "And Demisexual means that I won't experience any sexual attraction without first forming some sort of emotional bond with the person." 

"I'm Demiromantic Homosexual." Logan added seeing how Roman's attention turned to him. "Basically I'm like Patton in a sense where I can only feel the desire for romantic intimacy after having that bond. But in regards to attraction... I've only felt the desire to be with men."

"That's really cool." Roman smiled as he looked around at everyone. "I've never heard about all that before. They uh... didn't have all this where I'm from." Patton's eyes darkened a bit as Roman hummed softly. "I'm happy things are so different."

"What about you Ro?" Virgil asked softly seeing the sparkle in Roman's eyes. "I know you don't know what love is or feels like but... If you had to choose a gender for your partner to be that you would spend forever with... What would it be?" Roman simply blinked in confusion as he turned to give Virgil this look.

"I don't understand your question."

"Say you had to spend eternity with someone who you would care for and stuff... would you want to spend your time with a girl or a guy?" Roman's confusion only grew making Virgil laugh. "I'm only asking because I knew you had mentioned wanting to experience things like this and I was thinking... maybe I could try to set you up on a date."

"What's a date?"

"Don't worry about that right now." Virgil smiled as Roman clearly didn't understand a thing. "If you had to choose someone to be with forever... who would it be... just right off the top of your head."

"No, see... I understand that, Virgil. I'm confused at why you're asking me." Roman finally said as he gestured to show his confusion. "Why does it matter if it's a boy or a girl? Gender shouldn't matter."

"You've said that to me too." Patton whispered softly as Roman just nodded.

"That's because it shouldn't. Men can be with men. Women can be with women. I don't care at all about a person's gender or what they like. I don't understand the importance. I never have." Virgil's eyes narrowed as glanced around before once again whispering in Roman's ear so no one heard.

"Have you had intercourse with one?" Roman crashed as he looked away not liking the memories the question gave him. 

"Both." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman just shrugged. "I told you... Gender shouldn't matter."

"Alright then. Good to hear." Virgil beamed as he nodded over to Patton who had a questioning look in his eyes. "We're all a bunch of rainbows."

"Rainbows..." Virgil laughed as he shook his head cutting Roman off. 

"I'll explain later."

Roman laid there in his sleeping bag just staring up at the ceiling with a frown. His thoughts had been running rampant once everyone went to bed and the silence took over. He just couldn't get out of his head. His memories pulled him under and he just... He was scared.

"Virgil?" Roman finally muttered as his tears started to stream down his face. "Virge..."

"Ro?" Virgil slurred groggily as he rolled over in bed blinking the sleep away to see the state Roman was in. "What's wrong?"

"You don't... hate me now... right?" Virgil suddenly pushed himself up as he stared down at the demon in concern as Roman just smiled up at him sadly. "When you asked me that question about intercourse... You don't hate me now... right?"

"Why would I-..."

"Virgil." Roman cut the other off with this guilty look that made the human's blood freeze. "I'm a demon... and back then I didn't understand the concept of... consent."

"Oh." Roman visibly deflated as Virgil just sighed and shook his head. "Roman that's not you anymore. The fact that you feel guilty about it... That's big considering. So no. No, Roman, I don't hate you."

"But why? After everything, I've done. You said you read a book about me. You know the monster I..."

"Was." Virgil cut him off with a pointed glare. "Was, Roman. You are not him anymore. Please... Please repeat that again?" Roman smiled sadly as he nodded and let Virgil wrap his arm around him, pulling him in closer till the two were cuddling together for support. "Repeat it again?"

"I am not Romulus." Roman's smile grew as his tears fell even harder. "I'm not him. I'll never be him again."

"Atta boy."