Werewolf AU Pt. 1 - 2kimz

Start from the beginning

The lady pursed her lips. "I'm running from the police. I used to be part of a, um, a g-gang. Used to."

So she was a bad liar. It almost made Chaewon want to laugh, how she had gone from so confident and cold to flustered and nervous.

"Ah. I'm actually running from a gang. My only friend - who was also my only caretaker - went missing a year ago, and since then, I've been pretty alone. So it wouldn't cost anything to restart."

They lapsed into an uncomfortable silence. Chaewon remembered with a jolt that they were still holding hands. And speaking of things they were still doing, the both of them were still running. Chaewon's legs were starting to ache and she could feel her heartbeat in her throat.

"Um, so... how are we going to get to the next station?"

"Car."

"And I should trust you?"

"I need to get away much more than you do, so yes, you should."

"Okay. Then why don't we start with names?"

The lady came to a halt after hearing Chaewon's question and then continued running, seconds after, like nothing had happened.

"U-uh, sure. You first."

Chaewon rolled her eyes. Chicken. "I'm Kim Chaewon."

The lady didn't talk for a few seconds, but then answered quietly, "People call me Luna." (wHo iS iT I bEt yOu HaVe nO iDeA aT aLL-)

Reeeeeaaaaally bad liar.

"Alright then, Luna. Let's catch a train."

*

The car ride had been mostly silent. Luna drove a small grey car, and she drove like there was nothing in her life left to live for. In other words, Luna was really good at driving over curbs and off-road, and Chaewon developed a serious case of carsickness.

Luna mumbled some unsavory words under her breath. "We're gonna be late."

Chaewon stumbled out of the car and leaned against the side, heavily breathing, eyes watering as they sometimes due when you feel gross. "You are a screwy driver, my friend."

"Gee thanks."

"Let's just go."

Luna again grabbed Chaewon's wrist and wove her through the crowds of people at the station. It was stuffy and people were pushing and shoving and it was so claustrophobic that Chaewon almost couldn't breathe, but just when it seemed like she had run out of air, she and Luna burst through the edge of the mob and raced toward the train, which was just closing all the doors and starting to move.

Chaewon stopped and sighed. "We missed it."

"No we didn't! It's still there!" Luna tightened her grip on Chaewon's arm and tugged her toward the moving vehicle. Chaewon closed her eyes, so she missed the complete picture of what happened next, but she assumed Luna had grabbed her and jumped (Chaewon could have sworn she flew) onto the train. Chaewon had heard a scream that sounded a lot like hers.

If it was her, she screamed like a four year old.

When she opened her eyes, she was on the balcony-ish kind of section on a train and she was huddled in Luna's arms. Luna's face was slightly flushed and she looked very uncomfortable with tiny Chaewon wrapped around her waist.

Chaewon awkwardly detached herself and brushed off her jeans.

"Erm, thanks." Luna's expression was stoic and cold when she nodded but her eyes showed the tiniest ray of warmth.