Apple Pie Life

"Dean?" Cas asks, walking into their home office/living room, "Hm?" Dean replies, not looking away from his computer.

Cas walks up to the concentrated Dean, and hugs him from behind, resting his arms on Dean's shoulders, and chin on top of his elbow.

Cas kisses Dean on the cheek, "Dean, it's almost midnight." "And?" "And you need to come to bed. You have to drive Mary to school tomorrow, remember?"

Dean still doesn't look away from the screen.

"Sure, Bee. Just let me finish this." Dean gives Cas a quick kiss. "What are you doing?" Cas asks, they kiss again, "Researching." Kiss. "It better be on parenting tips. You know our agreement." Kiss. "I know." Kiss.

Cas looks at the screen. It's on the police website for Harrison, Arkansas. In the search bar was, 'Murder Highway 46'.

"DEAN!" Cas yells, "What?!" Dean shouts back, "We said no hunting! For Mary's sake!" Cas has let go of Dean, and Dean is now standing up, facing Cas. They are staring each other in the eye, but with more anger than they normally would.

"Look, this is a serious case! An-" "AND THIS IS A SERIOUS FAMILY!" Cas interrupts him.

Cas takes a deep breath, and calms down, he braces himself in a chair, with a white knuckle grip, "Dean. We have a house. We have actual jobs. We have daughter for Christ's sake. We can't hunt anymore, and you know that."

Dean reaches out to put a hand on Cas's shoulder, "NO!" Cas shouts. Dean recoils his hand, "Just don't touch me."

"Cas, Bee, you know I'm not used to this. Living a normal apple pie life." "And I'm not either, but you can at least try."

Silence falls over them, until Dean brakes it, "I'm sorry, Baby."

Cas doesn't say anything, he just holds out his arms, silently asking for a hug, so Dean obliges.

They stay in the tight embrace, "No hunting?" Cas asks, "No hunting. For Mary's sake."