Darklighters

the fallen angels

Type:                darklighter

Powers:         i.  Black Orbing —  teleport from place to place in a flurry of black orbs. 

                           ii. Touch of Death —  incinerate other beings with a single touch  

                           iii. Sensing —  able to telepathically locate other beings 

                           iv. Crossbow Apportation  —  teleport their main weapon to their hands

Details:          Evil counterparts of Whitelighters, the Darklighters are a separate breed of magical being with humanlike appearances and names. Their main goal is to hunt and kill Whitelighters in order to leave their charges vulnerable to the attack of evil. Their secondary goal is to kill certain mortals before they can "earn their wings" and become Whitelighters after death. 

In much the same way as Whitelighters, Darklighters teleport from one location to another in a swirling mass of black and indigo orbs. This is called "Black Orbing".  Unlike regular Orbing, Black Orbing does not gain access to The Heavens as it is protected from evil. 

Darklighters have one primary weapon -- a crossbow that fires arrows dipped in a poison which is lethal to whitelighters and anyone with whitelighter DNA

Darklighters have one primary weapon -- a crossbow that fires arrows dipped in a poison which is lethal to whitelighters and anyone with whitelighter DNA. Darklighters have a limited apportation ability directly linked to their weapons, which means they can summon their crossbows to them whenever they wish and it will instantly appear in a burst of black smoke. 

Darklighters seduce mortal women in order to breed with them, thereby spreading their evil seed and expanding their species

Darklighters seduce mortal women in order to breed with them, thereby spreading their evil seed and expanding their species. This also serves as an explanation as to why darklighters look perfectly human. At some point the darklighter will return for his offspring to  teach them of their dark heritage and their purpose in the magical world.   

Magic:             There is no specific spell to vanquish a darklighter, which means that they can be killed by various means such as potions, athames, energy balls, Molecular Combustion and even their own arrows (by being shot not due to the poison)      

Episode:        S1E21  "Love Hurts"