Kali

the mirror sorceress 

Type:                      demonic sorceress  

Powers:                 

i. Fireballs —   able to create fiery, spheric projectiles 

ii. Thermokinesis —  able to create and manipulate heat 

iii. Possession —  able to take possession of another's body

iv. Power Bestowal —  able to share her fire/heat powers with her disciples 

Magic:                    Shatter her reflection to banish her            

Details:                 Kali was a demonic sorceress who at some point was cursed into the mirror dimension and could subsequently only appear in reflections in this reality.  It is said that she sought to corrupt good witches with evil and thereby gain their powers, using innocents as her pawns. 

Kali had appeared to a troubled teenager named Aviva and gained her complete trust before dispatching her against the Charmed Ones. Kali was certain that since the Halliwell sisters were new to their powers it would be fairly easy to steal their magic. 

She instructed Aviva into forging a connection with Phoebe as a means of infiltrating the Halliwell manor and sisterhood. Kali shared her powers with Aviva so that the Charmed Ones would view her as a fellow good witch and let their guard down. 

To further her plans, Kali set Aviva's aunt on fire which resulted in her falling down the stairs and being hospitalised, which allowed Aviva to spend the night at the manor with the sisters. Kali then instructed Aviva to kill Prue with her powers, which Aviva was only to happy to do since she resented Prue for not accepting her as readily as Phoebe had. 

Aviva was unsuccessful in killing Prue but Kali pressed her to try again, and this time she injured Phoebe instead. Aviva was distraught over hurting her friend and wanted nothing more to do with Kali. 

Kali manipulated Aviva into touching the mirror, promising her that it would send Kali away forever. Aviva touched the mirror which allowed Kali to take possession of her body. Now Kali could go after the Halliwell sisters herself. 

Kali/Aviva burst into the attic and confronted the sisters, separating Prue from the others with  her fireballs. Piper froze Kali and (since good witches don't freeze) Aviva dropped to the ground, severing the possession and allowing Prue a chance to telekinetically hurl Kali back into the mirror. Phoebe quickly shattered her reflection, banishing Kali forever.  

Status:                     Banished 

Episode:                 S1E7 "The Fourth Sister"