"Leverage?" Jungkook barked out a laugh. "Namjoon, there's better leverage than your destined one."

Namjoon shifted a little. "You knew?"

"I'm not blind, Namjoon." And blind he definitely wasn't. He could see something else hiding behind Namjoon's mismatched eyes. "What else did you offer?"

Namjoon closed his eyes. "You, Nari, and the baby."

That was all Jungkook needed to hear in order to allow Namjoon to remain rotting in whatever prison he was in.

He ripped himself from Namjoon's dream. He looked at his sleeping Nari a moment before leaving her. He stalked the halls with nowhere particular in mind, and he was surprised at himself when he was standing in front of Kim Seokjin's bedroom door. He knocked a little louder than was necessary, but he was angry.

Barely a breath of a second passed before the door swung open. Seokjin seemed even more surprised to see Jungkook standing there fuming.

"What is it now?" He asked him.

"Namjoon offered up Sungjung, Nari, myself, and my fucking daughter... my fucking daughter!" He slammed his fist into the wall next to the doorframe. "As leverage. All so he could get inside and burn the city once the Phoenix is defeated."

Seokjin went to say something, but Jungkook cut him off. "And the best part? Sungjung doesn't even know what his plan is. She is being tortured because he betrayed her trust."

"He didn't tell her?" Seokjin's eyes widened, and stepped away from the door to let Jungkook enter.

Jungkook walked inside and let out a bitter laugh. "No. It's funny. He always wanted blood family that loved him, and he finally gets that. He finally had a sibling who would do anything for him. He was getting a clan again, Seokjin. He was going to have it all, and all he did with that was use it to his own advantage." Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed and sighed. "How am I going to tell her? He already broke her heart after he found out about the baby. She's going to think he truly doesn't want her to have the baby."

"We should explain fully what you know. It's better she finds out now than some other way." Seokjin stood tall in front of Jungkook. They were speaking as friends for the first time, and it was a refreshing change of pace for the two of them.

Of course, neither one of them thought Jungkook would be confiding in Seokjin, but either way it was nice.

"And everyone else? I don't want them to feel like they no longer belong in this clan. I don't want them to think history is repeating itself. The Jeon clan will not be full of tyrants this time."

"Namjoon has good intentions." Seokjin finally sat down next to Jungkook. "This is a war, and Namjoon is playing it like a game of chess. His plan could work, and it could be what propels the eternal prophecy to come true."

Jungkook considered those words. "What if he is wrong? What will they do to my Nari? What will they do to my daughter?"

"I'm too afraid to answer that."

They heard footsteps coming towards the door, and they both looked up to find Yoongi entering the room. He looked tired and weak, and Jungkook realized that it was likely they had woken him.

As if Yoongi could sense this concern, he said, "I couldn't sleep very well. I have too much on my mind."

"Do you want more on your mind then?" Seokjin half joked.

"Why not?" Yoongi joined them, and the three sat in contemplative silence for a few moments.

"It's hard to believe you'd go all soft for a woman and a baby," Yoongi finally said.