Their goddess, their eternal maiden, the goddess of the hunt, appeared. She was dressed in her golden cloak made from the cyclops eons ago. The helmet placed on her head absolutely blinding them for a few mere seconds. And her bow and arrow strapped to her back.

Makaria tried her best to asses their goddess too see if anyone had harmed her. She was in good health. She was the same lethal and terrifyingly beautiful goddess they all knew and loved.

She took her helmet off and her cascade of dark hair tumbled over her cloak like silk. If she wore that specific cloak, Makaria knew things were not good. Not good at all. Whatever business the goddess was handling was serious.

If anyone else was standing they were all now on the floor in reverence and respect for their goddess. "All of you rise and sit. We need to speak, matters are urgent."

They all repositioned themselves to sit on the cool ground, nervously waiting for their goddess to speak. Callisto was the only one to stand and approach the goddess as she shed her golden cloak and her bow and arrows, Khryselakatos. Makaria felt her mouth go dry.

Khryselakatos and Iokheira her infamous bow and arrow set that could cause death within seconds of any mortal and severe and unsparing pain for gods minor or major.

Callisto hissed in pain as she grabbed the set and cloak from the goddess. If any other person were two touch, immediate pain would ensue. Callisto was so worthy that only a minimal pain effected her.

Once Callisto had safely placed the goddesses most prized objects away, their goddess spoke.

"My father has let one of his children lead him astray," the goddess spoke, her face morphing into stone. A visible gasp washed over the crowd.

"Eris. My sister has poisoned the mind of my father. My father is under the impression that the mortals are ungrateful and do not appreciate all we do for them. He has banned us from any physical influence over the mortals. That is why if my head attendants have been summoning my hounds, wolves or bears they will not come."

Makaria heard some sobs and yelps of terror. She sat. Stunned. "If I may speak, Nature Maiden?"

Callisto was on one knee, humbly asking for a question. Artemis agreed. "None of the gods are allowed to interfere with any of their mortal followers or creations?"

"That is correct. I know many have been calling me here for some atrocities happening on earth as we speak but I am powerless. Eris is sowing discord and strife and their is nothing we can do about it," the goddess explained to them as Makaria felt like fainting. If she could faint...

How were they supposed to protect the stolen girls? Makaria was nervous that the goddess would not come back in enough time to sick her wolves and hounds on the horrible men who had stolen novices but now...now what was to happen!

"Where are the hounds now?"

"My aunt and uncle, Hades and Persephone have them. They enjoy the underworld." That was true. The hounds and wolves enjoyed playing with the god of deaths large three headed dog. When he was not ferociously protecting the underworld he was a nice hound. Or so Artemis claimed, she had never met the dog.

Makaria rose her hand nervously, watching the goddesses angered gaze turn towards her. "Speak Makaria."

She cleared her throat nervously. "If we cannot use physical powers maybe you can strike a deal with Morpheus to be able to manipulate dreams more?"

Morpheus, the god of sleep and dreams granted each god and goddess a certain amount of time to have influence over dreams each year. She watched the goddess closely to try and get a feel of what she was thinking. Her eyes widened.