5. Oh yes~

Today is the day I show to my parents just how proficient I am in battle to my parents. The day they judge me whether I can apply to be a Magic Warrior right after I graduated from KMH. My sweat little brother, Philip Frans, also counted himself in as a spectator. Apparently, he has idolized me. I don't know what went different from the Canon, but now he look at me like I was a hero. I don't complain tho, instead it felt good. It motivated me even further. In the Canon, Philip was reluctant to play with his sister because of her closed off, gloomy nature. How can I know it? As I said before, Out of Cage presented all background story except for one.

Anyway, both father and mother, and little Philip who was 7 years old, sit in a long bence that has been prepared before by the maids. Beside them, is an elite guard that they have invited to test me. His face was stern with a hint of looking down. That's good, the more he become like that, the more I have the advantage.

But I won't lie, I am feeling a little nervous. This will be my first battle with someone other than my teacher. That means I don't know what kind of battling style he got, so I gotta turn my mind even more and calculated more so I can adapt.

Father, who noticed that both the soldier and I having a staring contest, lightly said to us,

"Now, Aira. This is Mr. Tokiora. He has become an elite guard for this mansion since you were a little. He will be your opponent in this match, of course there will be rules. No deathly blow, head and between legs cannot be attacked. Magic is allowed as long as it will not cause fatal injuries. You will have to use the practice sword."

Agreeing to his word, I picked my practice sword up and do a couple swing. After training with my own sword, practice sword felt light. It didn't give me problem, just have to adjust my strength later.

We stood a little bit afar from my family, facing each other with the same determined gaze. Mia, being the moderator(?) of the match, stood beside my family with a slight concern on her face. Well, she did have to be concerned. For him tho.

"Ready...Begin!" With Mia's que, the match started.

We didn't do anything hastily, instead circling and reading each other's movement. Calculating what she might do.

Tokiora dashed at me, clearly wanting to make the first hit. I gripped my sword tighter and put it up while stepping aside. The blade hit air as I managed to evade the blow. I brought to sword down, aiming at his sword and tried to disarming him. But of course, it was not that easy.

He took his sword back and stepped aside. In my eyes, he looked like he wanted to do some feint, judging by how his muscle contracted and the glint in his eyes. I have trained enough to know the sign of predicting someone else moves.

When he thrust his sword, instead of dodging, I got closer to while making sure the sword won't piercing my side. The sword that I originally held with both my hand was carelessly held with my left one as the other one held his grip on the sword. With that, I pinch a spot on his hand, to be specific was the joints and pressure point. It might seems not much, but you will be surprised by how effective it is to loosen the muscle. Twisting the sword away from your enemy Will be much easier.

And so, his sword went flying away right before I had him in a deathly lock, with sword atop his neck.

"Stop. The match is Aira-sama's."

The elite guard seemed to be shocked by it.

Well, of course, even I didn't expect it to be so short and easy. Maybe the drill that devil do to me were harsher than most... Not that I think of it...

Ack- Let's forget the dark past and move on.

Both my father and mother had a weird expression on their face. They looked happy, impressed, yet also dreaded. Happy because they have a daughter this talented (hehe), impressed because they never know that I might be this talented (again,hehe) and dreaded that I have the chance to be a Magic Warrior. It seems they still haven't come to terms it.