In the background, civilians were evacuating in the streets. Joanna was looking over it before turning around to notice the news team.

Reporter: It truly feels like the end of days, but the Atlas Eye is committed to updating the public, until our dying--

Suddenly, Joanna grabbed the microphone from the reporter.

Reporter: Wha--? Hey, wait!

Joanna stabbed her weapon in the ground and glared at the reporter, startling him. She then looked to the camera and started speaking.

Joanna: Citizens of Mantle, General Ironwood has abandoned you, but we have not! If you can hear this, gather any food and supplies you need to stay warm, then head to the Mantle crater.

While she spoke, Mantle citizens were leaving their homes and making their way down the streets to safety. 

A pair of Atlesian Knight-130s were investigating Pietro's pharmacy, but they were gunned down by Yang, accompanied by Jaune, Ren and Oscar.

Joanna: The Grimm are starting to make their way back into the city, but we can hold the line if we all come together. If we don't, well... you've all seen what's waiting for us out in the storm. It's time to show your teeth, Mantle.

She walked away from the camera and shoved the microphone back into the reporter's hands.

At Pietro's pharmacy, Yang opened a door to a darkened room. Jaune found the light switch to turn it on. Yang gasped and smiled in glee upon seeing what was in the room, with Ren and Oscar peeking over too.

Yang: Alright, the others are definitely missing out.

Out in the streets, Yang, Jaune, and Ren piloted a triplet of hoverbikes, with Oscar riding backseat with Yang. Yang then noticed a ramp she wanted to jump off of, with Oscar panicking.

Oscar: Yang! Yang, no! No!

He was too late. Yang jumped off the ramp and used Ember Celica to fire a round off the wall and did a flip in midair on the hoverbike. As Yang smiled at the thrill, some of her hair got caught in Oscar's mouth, which he tried to spit out. They landed safely back on the ground. 

Jaune and Ren exchanged a look, with Jaune bumping over a piece of debris. As the three continued their ride through the Mantle streets, they were unwarily being watched by the Hound, perched on a bridge overhead.

Later on, Ren was shooting a security camera with StormFlower, disabling it. Oscar helped evacuate people, knocking on the doors of people's homes. They gathered a large group of civilians. Jaune was seen doing a fist bump handshake with a child, before looking to his parent.

Jaune: Only take what you need.

Yang was standing before the large group of civilians.

Mother: The crater? Are you sure it's safe out there?

Yang: Absolutely ma'am.

Suddenly, she heard people screaming behind her. They were running away from a pair of Sabyrs. They charged forward. Jaune ran up and took out a unique device that charged up.

Jaune: Heads up!

Jaune threw the device a distance away, with it activating a large hard light shield upon impact that prevented the Sabyrs from going any further. As they tried to claw at it, Ren came in from above and stabbed them with his blades, causing them to dissipate. 

The shield deactivated and Ren kicked the device back to Jaune's shield, which used gravity dust to make the device stick to it, Jaune smirking.

Jaune: Way better than a hover bike.