Color Soulmate AU - Ssamjin

Start from the beginning

But Chaewon had made eye contact with every person she passed. The "colors" hadn't shown up yet.

She was starting to think this was all a conspiracy theory made up by the government.

Although slightly put off, Chaewon boarded the next plane on the morning following.

Maybe Madagascar had promise.

If Fernando de Noronha brought the beach people, Tana would bring the home-y, "I go on a bike ride and a walk every single day" people. Tana was the cutest village Chaewon had ever seen - it was filled with differently colored houses ranging from the darkest black to the pearliest white. She saw a few cats wandering around in the allies and she noticed a few people throw them bread. The sidewalks and the water were both just so perfect for an afternoon stroll.

But after a day of walking and eye contact, Chaewon's world was still tinted grey.

Fine then. If Tana wasn't going to be it, then surely prospects were bright in Marrakesh.

It was very bright in Marrakesh. Literally. The lights, the sense of fashion, and the personalities all shone brighter than anything Chaewon had ever seen before. She met at least five people who spoke her language and all were hilarious, not to mention, they were all super pretty. And, of course, the lanterns in the shops. The shadows they cast on the walls were so inviting and mysterious. Chaewon probably spent way too much money there.

Alas, no soulmate. A pity - the people of Marrakesh were amazing.

But now Chaewon was on her, what, fourth or fifth plane ride. Seville was next.

Seville was beautiful to say the least - the architecture, the river, the blue skies. Chaewon would have loved to spend weeks there. She had already spent hours twirling and running around the bridges. That day had been a smiling kind of day.

But again, nothing. Seville was looking just as grey as Duxbury, Boston, Brazil, Tana, and Marrakesh.

On to Portugal. Chaewon couldn't decide if this trip was the funnest thing of her life or the most tiring,

It had been cloudy when Chaewon got to Portugal, but it had only enhanced the experience. She had hiked in the mountains with the waterfalls, and when she came back, she was up until midnight ambling in the gardens. The stars had looked so pretty from underneath a roof of metallic leaves.

Eye contact had definitely happened. Strangers had even started avoiding her eyes, thinking she was the strangest human being on earth. Chaewon had had to stifle giggles.

But still. Those leaves were metallic-like. Grey.

Even so, Chaewon was excited for Paris - here was a huge tourist attraction. That meant lots of people. 

The glittering lights, the fall-almost-winter breeze, the shimmering street lamps, the shining waters, everything positively glowed. Chaewon was bewitched with the charm of the luminous city. Chaewon climbed the Eiffel Tower twice, once in the morning, once at night, to admire the stretch of buildings at night and in the day. The sights were equally dazzling. 

But Paris didn't hold her soulmate. Maybe she was soulmateless. That would really suck. 

Chaewon forced the thought out of her head. 

Next came Saint Petersburg. When she had first arrived, there was snow. It was a winter wonderland. A very majestic winter wonderland. The sight of the blinding white snow and the clouds and the sun reflecting off of the church was something Chaewon would never forget. It was just so enchanting - every tiny, luminescent twinkle of hazy, grey light caught Chaewon's eye and suddenly, she couldn't look away.