Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

The sun is now beginning to lower in the sky, so much time has gone by but it only feels like it's been a few minutes. Most of the day has consisted of stopping at random shops looking at different things, making small talk that sometimes turned into deep conversations, or tiny debates and stopping for the bagel of course. The streets are nearly empty now which is weird since it's still light out and the shops go on for miles more, but we can't continue to walk much more because Carson's car is very far from where we are now, and we have a long walk back ahead of us.

We begin to have a very heated argument about weather green apples or red apples are better when we are suddenly stopped by three large men towering over us with crossed arms and intimidating expressions. They all wearing black outfits that look much like police uniforms but a little different. The men stay silent as they examine us, more so studying me then Carson. I find myself uncomfortable and inch closer to Carson, when the tallest of them all clears his throat and speaks up.

"Are you Annalise?" He asks me, his voice so low and stern that it sounds like a robot speaking. He looks no where else but my eyes as he stands in his place, only a few feet from Carson and myself. My heart sinks and my knees grow weak. No one is supposed to know my name, besides my mother. I'm not even completely sure that Kristy knows my birth name. But Carson especially was never supposed to know this and the fact that these random men I've never met know, is traumatizing to me because it sets a perfect example of how much I am not protected no matter what.

Carson gently pushes me behind him and speaks up. "No, she's Sara. Could you leave us alone please?" The men look at each other and burst into a fit of chuckles. I know he is beyond confused, I feel terrible, more scared than terrible. Maybe I should've told Carson my real name just so if we ever ran into this kind of a situation then he would at least have an idea, but no. This just had to go the difficult way. My fingers shake and numbness has filled most of my limbs by now. I can barley feel anything besides the beat of my heart making it's way out of my chest. I gulp and step out from behind Carson, almost falling from feeling so lightheaded. No matter who these men are, I give up. The truth is finally ready to come out after 10 years of preparation.

"No," I say looking at the ground letting out a shaky breathe. "Carson, they're right. My real name isn't Sara. It's Annalise." I admit, feeling the lump in my throat begin to form. I'm suddenly jerked forward feeling the strong grip of two hands on both of my upper arms. I scream out of instinct and my stomach flips, I squirm and feel tears sting my eyes fearing that this could be the end of my life. Two of the strangely dressed men have me by the arms and Carson's eyes are wide and alert, flashing a small amount of hurt.

"Hey! Let her go!" He yells trying to get to me but the third guy holds him back. My arms shake and I can't control the fear taking over my entire body. Tears stroll down my cheeks when I watch him struggle in their grip. I can no longer speak, my tongue is dry and my throat is tight, all that comes from my mouth is whimpers.

The guard person who has done all the talking so far sighs. "You both need to relax! Everyone shut up and listen to what I have to say to the damn girl!" Everyone is silent after that, my sniffles and hiccups are the only things that fill the air, not even a car passing by makes much noise. "Good." The man says after moments of silence. "Annalise, we have someone who wants to see you. You need to come with us."

Everyone has their eyes on me and weather I say so or not, I know I don't have any option to follow. Carson opens his mouth to say something but one of the men takes his hand and cover's Carson's mouth making Carson scrunch his nose and glare at the man. It hurts me to see them hold Carson back, the way they do. It takes me a while to respond and I only talk when I notice the gun in one of the man's belt. "I will come," I gulp. "But I am not leaving without him." I point to Carson and the men all give me annoyed looks and two of them scoff.

"Fine," the man huffs, "take the boy too. I trust you can walk on your own, we don't have to hold your hand, do we?" He asks, loosening his grip on my upper arms.

"N-no." I shakily reply. They release me and Carson as the same time. I don't hesitate to cling to him as we walk forward surrounded by the weird looking men.

The tallest one turns to me once more as we walk forward, "He will be very happy to see you." As much as I want to ask who he is referring to I don't. There's nothing I have to say to this man. I couldn't possibly be in any bigger pickle than I am right now, this is it Annalise, something big is about to happen.

OMG GUYS! I was on the computer all day today. ALL DAY! Not an exaggeration! And well... I finished writing Identifying Sara and let me just say... wow... now I should be updating nearly every day bc it's already all pre-written and I'm about to start a new book soon so yeah! OH and FYI there's 40 chapters just as I had predicted.. lol.. ok its late now so i hope you enjoyed! don't forget to comment and vote. BYYEEEE

instagram; @tracinconstellations