FIERAMENTE

FIERAMENTE

Proudly

WEDNESDAY

Open House Day

Yoongi held my hand all the way to BB's that morning, rubbing my knuckle with his thumb. He knew I was nervous, and he had gone into full-fledged protector-mode, checking on me often, being extra chivalrous, opening doors for me. You'd think I was nine months pregnant by the way he was acting.

"I'm fine, really," I smiled over at him as he held the wheel with his other hand.

"I know you are. You're going to do great. I can just sense your nerves from here. You should try to relax, baby."

Yoongi's words were comforting, yet at the same time, knowing he would be watching was almost more nerve-racking, knowing how critical he'd been of my performances in the past.

"I'm not going to critique you, you know..." he chuckled.

How is he reading my mind?

I couldn't help but chuckle myself.

"I mean... it's not like I had any way of knowing that seeing as that's kind of your thing to do..." I squeezed his hand.

"Do I make you feel bad?" he asked sincerely, seeming concerned.

"At first, admittedly, yes," I started to reply, looking over at him, "but as I got to know you and understand you, I learned not to take it so personally."

"I never want to make you feel bad about yourself, sweetie. In fact, quite the opposite. I want you to feel better about yourself, so I want to help you become more comfortable, more confident. You have a lot to be proud of, Faye. You're incredibly talented, and because of you, we're going to New York this weekend."

He was sincere. He beamed over at me with pride before turning his eyes back to the road.

"We're not just going because of me," I added, "We're going because of your brilliant composition."