PRIMA DONNA

PRIMA DONNA

Leading Female Singer

What the fuck is THAT supposed to mean?

"Hey Jin!"

Tuesday morning, as I was walking into BB's, Jin was right inside the doors putting together a new drum kit to put in the display window.

"New model?" I asked.

"Hey Faye," he smiled up at me, putting down the bag of lug nuts he was holding and stood up to adjust the waist of his pants, "Yeah, we just got these DD Drums in this morning for the upcoming promo event. Really nice new hybrid acoustic/electric set. We're going to have to do our best to keep Kookie off this thing."

"What fun is that? Haven't you ever seen the live models in the windows in New York? He can just be one of those!" I laughed, setting my bags down beside me on the floor, and slid my hands into my coat pockets.

"No, I've never been to New York. They have real people in the windows?"

"Some places, yes. Maybe we'll get to see some while we're there next weekend."

Jin and I started walking back towards my office in the back of the store so that I could put my things away, and we carried on our conversation.

"Where's Yoongi?" he asked.

"He's still back at the house. He had a few cancellations today, so he won't be in until later." I explained, placing my bag up on a hook and pulling out my demo instrument cases, one by one, placing them on the desk.

"How was practice on Sunday?" he suddenly asked.

I felt my face turn a shade of red, and I looked down, grabbing the next instrument - a viola - and placing it on the desk.

"Yeah. It was good." I said, nonchalantly, still not making eye contact. Jin just leaned against the wall next to the door, arms crossed. I could see him watching me through my peripherals.

"Yeah, I heard it was really good."

I paused.

He's going to bring it up, isn't he?

I looked up from the flute case I was holding, making eye contact with him. He had a sly little smirk on his face. This was not the Jin I was used to being around.

He slowly reached over, closed the door, and turned the lock. I waited, watching him.

"Yoongi asked me to do him a favor..." he started, quietly walking towards me.