"I am still in my nice dress that jerk didn't deserve to see."

"Good, don't get change. I'll be there soon."

"You're weird...."

"Promise?" he insisted.

"Yeah ok, fine, just hurry up I am hungry."

"Ok, see you soon..." then I heard him calling out for his mom before he hung up.

He could be so strange sometimes. Cute the way he called out for his mother, just like a five years old wanted to get some treats. But I was sure he would come with a box of pizza and a dozen of beer for himself. Then we would spend the night watching some DVD on my couch. I didn't know why but suddenly I was excited about it and couldn't wait to see his face. All my grumpiness was gone, disappeared without a trace as soon as he said he would come over.

An hour later my doorbell rang.

Right when I opened the door I was greeted by a dozen of red roses and his dazzling smile. He wore a nice expensive charcoal suit with matching vest underneath and his black wavy hair that usually messy was combed neatly to the back. He looked different, no, he looked handsome, not that he didn't look handsome before, but this was beyond handsome, this was confident and rich, yes, he looked rich and he smelled rich. Did he wear perfume? I sniffed.

"Hi." He said, his smile was still lingered on his pinkish lips and his eyes obviously scanning me from head to toes in admiration gesture.

"Hi...." I gapped at him, my lower lips slightly trembled and my knees buckled, I would probably sprawl on the floor if there wasn't for the door handle that I gripped tightly.

"That jerk definitely didn't deserve a beautiful lady like you..."

"Thanks...." I responded still looking puzzled with him showing up looking like a million dollar man.

"Can I come in?"

"Ah, oh yes of course." Shit! I cursed myself, it was just Luke, why would I be so nervous like this?

He took few steps inside and gave me the flowers. I held it with my shaky hands.

"What is this for?" I asked.

He touched my cheek slightly, "you said you want flowers. Are they good enough?"

"Oh yes, beautiful. Thank you."

"Ready for dinner?" he asked.

"Dinner? I thought we would get pizza?"

"That was your plan. I have reservation at The Quay for us."

"The.... The Quay?" that was one of the top restaurants in the world, right in front of the famous Australia Icons' Harbour Bridge and the Opera House and I was sure that it would take six month to book a table there. I've tried once in the past.

"Yes." Again he smiled so sweetly at me.

"Oh okay... well, let me get my purse." I dashed into my bedroom. What was going on? I checked myself in the mirror in panic. The Quay! I had to look decent, no I had to look great just like him, but how could I? I was worry that I would embarrass him when we sit together.

Oh my god, what should I do? I paced and took a glance at my reflection. Yes I wore nice gown, yes my hairdo was still intact, my make up was fine. Lipstick? I arched forward to look at my lips closer...

"Sam? Are you okay?"

"Yes, sorry, I'll be right there." Finally I gave up, nothing I could do with my face. Take it or leave it I've decided.