"What the fuck are you doing?"

And away goes my therapy session with the outside world.

I roll my eyes at his angered tone. "Nothing."

He's standing next to me, looking at the water, frowning before shaking his head. "There's no point dwelling on the past, Dan. Forget what it was like before and get used to the way things are now."

"I wasn't dwelling," I reply, shouldering past him as I continue my jog, hearing him huff and nearly knocking me to the ground as he overtakes. "Idiot." Catching up with him, he slows down, so I don't fall further behind, my lungs already begging me to stop. "Where are we going? We've been running for ages."

Why does he look so mad?

Why can he not bloody look at me?

Am I that repulsive to be this regretful when nothing even happened?

"Dogs."

"Dogs? We're going to get them?" He nods in response, but his snappiness and crappy attitude makes me lose it. I abruptly stop, my hands on my hips, breathless. "You know what? You need to grow the hell up."

He slows down until he comes to a halt about three metres from me, throwing his head back as he sighs. "I need to grow up?" He doesn't turn around as he questions me, just drops his head to stare at his feet. "How so?"

"Last night," I begin, and I can see his shoulders tensing. "What was that about?"

"Drop it," he warns me, starting to walk again. "Move. We don't have all day."

I grit my teeth, fists clenching as I huff through my nose. "You honestly better stop walking before I lose my head."

He laughs. "And do what?" Finally, he turns, and his intense almost grey eyes settle on me. The dome's apparently no longer filled with oxygen, for me to breathe in and save my dying lungs. "I was drunk, Dan. What else do we need to talk about? It's not a big deal."

"Why are you like this with me then? I didn't do a thing wrong, I walked away. We didn't do anything, so why the silent treatment and the snappy comments?"

I nearly stumble as he takes quick strides until he's right in front of me. "I think you forget that I'm nothing but security to you. I'm not your fucking friend that you get to talk to in any way you want, and I definitely don't answer to you. I was drunk, you were there, leave it at that."

"Then maybe you shouldn't beg your boss's daughter to sleep with you." The words slip from my mouth before I can stop them, and I instantly regret them as Eric's face twists with fury. "I... I mean..."

"Let's get one thing straight." He grabs the front of my top in a tight fist and pulls me to him until his minty breath fans my face. It's probably the wrong moment to feel flutters down low, but I can't help it, he's everywhere. Eric keeps his hold on me, gritting his teeth as he speaks. "I don't want you; I was drunk and looking for a quick fuck. Whatever I said would've been to try to shag you, don't take it as anything else. You were there. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it was you at the time."

God, why do his words hurt me so much?

I should knee him between the legs, slap him, scream at him, but the annoying pain in my chest renders me completely silent as my eyes water.

He knew exactly who it was in the bed with him.

Why are all the people around me pathological liars?

Releasing his hold of my top, he steps back, eyes flitting between my wet ones. "Nothing happened, so forget it."

I chew my cheek, letting so much rage and pent-up anger sizzle in my veins. It stings, the pain in my chest is amplifying so much that I'm close to exploding. "What is it with you men?" I shout at him, my eyes welling up with even more tears. "Why do you all insist on making me feel like complete and utter crap? If it's not my dad ordering me around my entire life, it's you and the way you speak to me. Or it's Robbie breaking my heart and making me feel like I'm going crazy!"